By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
MaxwellGT2000 said:

LOL I'm confused by what that even means but I'm laughing at the sentiment.

And yeah I said silly thread cause I haven't seen Seece actually make an article in ages.

And yet again you ignore my plea for some shred of evidence as to where sales are trending up for PS3 and 360 respectively, cause at this moment, PS3 is on track to do slightly worse than last year and 360 slightly better, but still within range for "normal" which is what started this whole silly business of yours.

Wow you need to look harder, I've been making them every week since I started back in July or whenever, barring one week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/articles.php?author=17929&q=Search VGChartz..

There ya go. Stop spewing lies maxwell.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Immortal said:
Conegamer said:
Immortal said:

Kinda disappointed by Wii sales. Just 25k shy of being up YOY. Should close that gap next week though, :D.

Yay for DS>PS2. Finally!

I know that DKCR's only in Americas and NSMB's bundled and all, but it's rather awkward to see it below NSMB on launch week, :P.

How can you be disappointed at 1.1mil in one week, and being miles ahead of the competition?

Yeah, I know, sounds crazy, right? But whilst 1.1m is impressive, it's still not up YOY and is tantalizingly close. The number is amazing in itself, but it's pointless to be happy about it without putting it into context. Also, it doesn't really matter how Wii stacks up against PS360. During the holidays, at least, it's in a completely different league from them, :D.

Whilst your points are fair, one also has to realise how it's been performing throughout the rest of the year. Since it's been down so dramatically, and even "doomed" in some cases, putting it into perspective in such a light shows how strong the holiday sales were, up in America from last year!

It also proves two things, Nintendo were right not to cut the price this year, and Nintendo were right not to release Wii2 or whatever it's called. Therefore the sales are good IMHO. However, since, as you say, they are down YOY, it could quite easily be seen as a negative, but for me, having over 1.1mil sold in one week is no mean feat

Of course! By no means am I trying to downplay the Wii's sales. I'm the biggest fanboy that ever lived, :P. Honestly, it didn't really matter that it was selling less than last year before or if silly fanboys online were doming it, with the amazing holiday lineup it was always gonna do awesomely. Also, being practically even on the greatest holiday season that any home console has ever had is pretty much a positive rather than a negative in itself, but sales are more fun when outrageous predictions come true rather than when pathetic predictions are surpassed hugely. And heck, Nintendo's been doing everything perfectly in Wii's life; I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when Wii continues to sell millions after Wii2, :).

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

MaxwellGT2000 said:
kowenicki said:

No I am not... I'm merely showing trends as they are

and this is a sales site based around compariosns..  thought you might get that by now.

And... "silly thread"?  So you think Seece's news item (VGC News item) is a silly thread?  You pick out the markety share %'s buit ignorte the clear rising sales trends.... fine.  This is pointless.

Nice example you are setting. Carry on the good work.  Did I upset one of your little friends or something.  Awww diddums.

Bye. 

And yeah I said silly thread cause I haven't seen Seece actually make an article in ages.

And yet again you ignore my plea for some shred of evidence as to where sales are trending up for PS3 and 360 respectively, cause at this moment, PS3 is on track to do slightly worse than last year and 360 slightly better, but still within range for "normal" which is what started this whole silly business of yours.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 04th Jan 2009 to 28th Nov 2009:

Console PS3
Total

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 03rd Jan 2010 to 27th Nov 2010:

Console PS3
Total

Console X360
Total

Console X360
Total

I don't see ps3 doing worse and 360 is doing almost 2m better than last year...

And wii:

Console Wii
Total

Console Wii
Total

Now I see something trending down.

And for the marketshares -

2009:

Wii 45,9%

PS3 29,6%

360 24,5%

2010:

Wii 37,9%

PS3 32,8%

360 29,3%

I guess that is spinning or at least not worth mentioning.

Immortal said:
Conegamer said:
Immortal said:
Conegamer said:
Immortal said:

Kinda disappointed by Wii sales. Just 25k shy of being up YOY. Should close that gap next week though, :D.

Yay for DS>PS2. Finally!

I know that DKCR's only in Americas and NSMB's bundled and all, but it's rather awkward to see it below NSMB on launch week, :P.

How can you be disappointed at 1.1mil in one week, and being miles ahead of the competition?

Yeah, I know, sounds crazy, right? But whilst 1.1m is impressive, it's still not up YOY and is tantalizingly close. The number is amazing in itself, but it's pointless to be happy about it without putting it into context. Also, it doesn't really matter how Wii stacks up against PS360. During the holidays, at least, it's in a completely different league from them, :D.

Whilst your points are fair, one also has to realise how it's been performing throughout the rest of the year. Since it's been down so dramatically, and even "doomed" in some cases, putting it into perspective in such a light shows how strong the holiday sales were, up in America from last year!

It also proves two things, Nintendo were right not to cut the price this year, and Nintendo were right not to release Wii2 or whatever it's called. Therefore the sales are good IMHO. However, since, as you say, they are down YOY, it could quite easily be seen as a negative, but for me, having over 1.1mil sold in one week is no mean feat

Of course! By no means am I trying to downplay the Wii's sales. I'm the biggest fanboy that ever lived, :P. Honestly, it didn't really matter that it was selling less than last year before or if silly fanboys online were doming it, with the amazing holiday lineup it was always gonna do awesomely. Also, being practically even on the greatest holiday season that any home console has ever had is pretty much a positive rather than a negative in itself, but sales are more fun when outrageous predictions come true rather than when pathetic predictions are surpassed hugely. And heck, Nintendo's been doing everything perfectly in Wii's life; I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when Wii continues to sell millions after Wii2, :).

Well spoken

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

atma998 said:

Great to see DQIX selling 36k and outselling BOTH versions of FFXIII combined... It deserves it, definitely the best JRPG of the gen.

Wow! Didn't notice that. At this rate, it could top a million in EMEAA and Americas individually! DQ's never been a holiday kind of title before.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

Nice numbers...loks like the official holiday kick off, started with a bang!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Seece said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Wow you need to look harder, I've been making them every week since I started back in July or whenever, barring one week.

Uh not knowing isn't lies you know right?  And that link you provided me said "seb parker 0 results"...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Seece said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Uh not knowing isn't lies you know right?  And that link you provided me said "seb parker 0 results"...

You will have to do a manual search then and yeah, you've made a fair few porkys here I'm willing to forgive you though maxwell if you just admit you're wrong and apologise to Kowenicki for your disgraceful behaviour, please remember you're a member of staff here.

Immortal said:
atma998 said:

Great to see DQIX selling 36k and outselling BOTH versions of FFXIII combined... It deserves it, definitely the best JRPG of the gen.

Wow! Didn't notice that. At this rate, it could top a million in EMEAA and Americas individually! DQ's never been a holiday kind of title before.

Yeah 6 million LTD is not out of reach. It is already the best selling DQ ever.

theprof00 said:
Kenology said:

Anyone notice how when the Wii wasn't doing so hot, the PS3 and 360 fans joined forces to condemn the Wii and champion HD sales.

Now the Wii is on top and they're back at it with each other.

VGC dynamics are somethin'.

actually it's always been the opposite.

trolls are somethin'

EDIT: to explain, when wii was invulnerable, 360 and ps3 fans joined forces. When wii is domed, 360 and ps3 fans fight each other. Just like has been happening the entire last year and now. Wii is still doomed. This christmas is a bit of a last triumph for the wii. It has been behind in sales for many weeks, barring the last couple, losing marketshare, and reached insane sales prices during BF.

Next year's christmas will be one for kinect and move, or wii2.

How can you be so sure of this?

I love it, every single year is the Wii's last...Honestly, when in the world are people going to learn?

As long as Nintendo keeps cranking out quality software that appeals to a mass market audience, there is absolutely NO reason Wii should not last another holiday or two, and even continue to outsell its competitors.

It has been behind in sales for many weeks because of its weak lineup of games for the majority of 2010, its biggest titles in the West being... Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M. Obviously having these as the flagship games for the greater part of a year is going to present some problems. Odd, I keep saying this (and it is fairly obvious), but nobody seems to want to believe it. I guess believing that would require the notion that Wii is not just some fad that will magically die down, since all it needs are strong software to continue to lift it.

Kinect and Move's christmas next year will depend entirely on software. And you can bet if the quality of the lineup is anything like the current one, it will be a non entity next christmas.