By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Great hardware and software sales all around. Gaming just keeps growing and growing.

Nice to see some old exclusives getting a large bump (Forza and Uncharted). Uncharted 2 deserves 4m.

Looks like GT5 didn't beat Forza 3's WW total in week one like a few had predicted.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Weekly Sales Analysis Article is up. Click here to read it.

Here is a little preview

"Week on week sales see huge increases this week across the board due to Black Friday. Two platforms saw sales pass the 1 million mark, two platforms passed the 800,000 mark and the last one reached the 300,000 mark. "

lololololololololol

I can't believe it "DS WII HUGE!!!!", "PS360 AMAZING!!!!!!!!!", PSP..................... crossed the 300k mark lolololololololol

Poor PSP

Leave the Psp alone , Psp2 is coming and Psp is gonna have its best year ever in japan.

How long has it been since MS has done a real (non-temp) price drop? I'm surprised the 360 is still selling so well.

Around the Network

*look wii sales*

I'm starting to sense a lot of madness...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

great numbers for all 5 systems. The high numbers for forza and the old sony exclusives means the bundles did their jobs and sold very well. GT5 had a monster week if it shows the legs the other GTs had. DKC looks like it will be a big hit. Crazy NSMBWii numbers and even more crazy mario kart wii numbers considering it wasn't bundled and came out a very long time ago.

very happy for all the systems sales this week, congrats too all. i am the most excited for the 360, also hopes kinect keeps selling at its pace. my wife and me, cant stop playing the damn thing.  :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Mordred11 said:
Raze said:
Mordred11 said:

Wii still may be first,but it lost a lot of ground,while the other two have gained.Next year holidays alone can't guarantee this #1 spot,why is this so hard to understand?It's just plain obvious

You're forgetting an important factor - there wasn't really any software to push the Wii this year, and both HD systems introduced motion control systems this year, a major release.  Next year, the Wii will have one of its biggest selling franchises released - Legend of Zelda. This game alone will carry the Wii well through 2011. The HD systems, IMO, have blown their proverbial loads. GT5 was the last major title people have been waiting for from Sony, and MS has released a slew of anticipated games in 2010 as well.

It will be hard for the HD systems to battle the Wii in 2011. By 2012, new consoles will be announced and this generation will dwindle down for all 3 companies. 2011 will be the last real battle, which Nintendo already has the upper hand in.

Well,GT5 hasn't made such a big difference for the PS3.Why would the next LoZ make a big difference for the Wii?Especially for the full year?

There's a number of reasons.

1 - Zelda has a MUCH bigger fanbase than GT games, Zelda has been around a lot longer, covers many gaming generations.

2 - The racing genre has been dying. People want more out of their games, you can only do so much customization in a game. The rest is all making turns and trying not to crash. Its becoming a smaller and smaller niche market. Thus why you don't really see many developers making racing games anymore.

3 - Link as an IP is among the top 10 in videogame history. GT doesn't really have a specific character that draws people in. The Zelda IP and the character Link are sort of like a book or tv series - you want to know what adventures the main character is going to go on next.

4 - Zelda games are very popular across both sexes, where there traditionally is a small amount of females into racing games.

As for why the full year? The game releases in Japan in Jan/Feb barring any delays. Releases in March in the US. Sales will stay afloat a few months, with a natural summertime lull, and then the demand will be very big once again come holidays 2011, so June-Sept might be a bit slow, common for the overall market. Yet the initial Zelda demand will get those hardcore Zelda fans who havent yet got a Wii (yes, they exist, surprisingly!) out to get their "official" Zelda Wii game.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

This holiday season will be the most exciting ever!

Tremendous sales all over, Mario Kart Wii is ridiculous and has proven to be my best prediction ever (will become the highest selling non-bundled Wii title ever)! PS3 hanging in there, even though its behind the 360, the playing field will become more level in coming weeks, Black Friday is huge for the 360 and Wii but the PS3 is doing great in EMEAA and Japan and will make up a lot of the lost ground there.

360 doing very well and certainly a lot better than most would have though a few months back, it truly is impressive to be up yoy this time of year after one year longer on the market than the two others.

Wii selling massively as expected for the holidays, still roughly on track to meet my year end 2010 prediction there.