By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII CROSSES 6 MILLION Units!

FINAL FANTASY XIII CROSSES 6 MILLION Units!

6.25 Million 19 13.77%

6.50 Million 17 12.32%

6.75 Million 16 11.59%

7.00 Million 32 23.19%

7.25 Million 7 5.07%

7.50 Million 46 33.33%

Total:137
A203D said:
darthdevidem01 said:
atma998 said:

6 million is not that bad but its legs isnt that impressive. I mean DQIX which isnt a franchise known for having great legs is currently outselling BOTH versions combined by quite a marge in the West where FF games were always way more popular than DQ games in the past.

Well at least Square-Enix must be happy.

Since when has FF been a franchise known for legs?  (barring VII) Even then XIII is showing legs 3 times better than XII.

Quite a margin? by like 7K...which isn't much.... definitely not "quite a margin"

Last week FFXIII outsold DQIX BTW....this week DQIX has shot up though.

Not to mention DQIX is *still* being advertised on TV with Jedward commercials in the UK.

I'm not trolling here, but

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_13?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=final fantasy&x=0&y=0&sprefix=final fantasy

on amazon UK, for the 360, FF13 is in the bargain bin, FF12 on the PS2 is more expensive on the same site. the PS3 version seems to be fairing a little better, and i think amazon us is similar, not sure. but it seems that this explains some of those sales. but i'm not saying this is bad, there still very good sales.

All that explains is why the 360 version has been ahead of the PS3 version in sales for the past few weeks.....and that its not doing anywhere near as well as the PS3 version. If you look at the FF13 collector's edition....PS3 version is still at £60, 360 version is at £22 (lower than PS3's standard edition).

Otherwise GOW3, RDR...other games are around FF13 (PS3) price on amazon UK...and RDR released much later than it.

This adds weight to my theory that if Versus XIII stays exclusive it won't lose sales.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

All that explains is why the 360 version has been ahead of the PS3 version in sales for the past few weeks.....and that its not doing anywhere near as well as the PS3 version. If you look at the FF13 collector's edition....PS3 version is still at £60, 360 version is at £22 (lower than PS3's standard edition).

Otherwise GOW3, RDR...other games are around FF13 (PS3) price on amazon UK...and RDR released much later than it.

This adds weight to my theory that if Versus XIII stays exclusive it won't lose sales.

That makes sense to me. but yes the PS3 version has been a more successful in Europe. in the US its about the same, but the 360 userbase is 10 mil higher in the US, so there is a disparity there, its obvious those extra 10mil users just arent interested in JRPG.

yeah you could be right about Versus actully. but its better for PS3 if it goes multiplatform imo. but the question SE is faced with is whether to release it as an exclusive, get incredible critical reception (as most exclusives do), at the risk of loosing the 360 usebase. the 360 now has FF13, a lot of these fans might not be interested, because they might see Versus as a spin off, i dont think SE will take the chance.

A203D said:
Kyren said:

You know for a game that focused on graphics? It's not even a nominee for Best Graphics in the VGA. I wonder why...

Probabily because of the hands, which look awful, FF12s characters has slender hands, and you could see their fingernails and rings, etc. in FF13 all you see is blocky hands and fingers. i have no idea how they developed a brand new game engine and made such a rookie mistake.

the textures and the faces look excellent though, better than GoW3 and Uncharted imo, and as always the hair looks incredible, there must be so many polygons in Lightnings hair, probabily why Snow wears a cap.

Yeah, but the nominees are GoW3, Heavy Rain, Kirby's Epic Yarn and RDR!

What I want from a game.

Gameplay > Story > Content > Graphics

Visual Style > Graphics

Smooth Camera, Intuitive Controls

Friction! When everything feels right!

atma998 said:

6 million is not that bad but its legs isnt that impressive. I mean DQIX which isnt a franchise known for having great legs is currently outselling BOTH versions combined by quite a marge in the West where FF games were always way more popular than DQ games in the past.

Just want to show you something here. Not sure if you've seen it before.

The game is getting a pretty big ad push from Nintendo in the UK at least... Advertising it as a dressing up sim. This is your reason for pretty big Dragon Quest IX sales right now. Not to take anything away from it... But yeah. You get what I mean. As for FFXIII... I haven't seen an advert for it since April

Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

Just want to show you something here. Not sure if you've seen it before.

Download:
FLVMP43GP

The game is getting a pretty big ad push from Nintendo in the UK at least... Advertising it as a dressing up sim. This is your reason for pretty big Dragon Quest IX sales right now. Not to take anything away from it... But yeah. You get what I mean. As for FFXIII... I haven't seen an advert for it since April

I lol'd but whats with this commercial.

Around the Network

Who cares, worst FF ever, oh no, 2nd worst ever, after xiv

tingyu said:

Who cares, worst FF ever, oh no, 2nd worst ever, after xiv

Do you lack common sense? Clearly lots of people care, stop acting like a cry baby. And worst FF hahaha maybe if we ignore FF2, FF12, FF3 and the disasters that are FF8 & FF14. Its easy to turn and opinion into a fact isn't it?

I think the FF13 advert has been banned actully. because they used PS3 footage to advertise the 360 version, people actully noticed this and it had to be removed.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy13/news.html?sid=6273824

although they probabily had no intention of using it anyway after the first few weeks.

darthdevidem01 said:
lowFullScreen" value="true" />

Since when has FF been a franchise known for legs?  (barring VII) Even then XIII is showing legs 3 times better than XII.

Quite a margin? by like 7K...which isn't much.... definitely not "quite a margin"

Not to mention DQIX is *still* being advertised on TV with Jedward commercials in the UK.

Well you don't get the point. I'm not saying DQIX will outsell both versions of FFXIII LTD, just that it has better legs. A DQ game that has better legs than a FF game in the West is something very unusual and that you can't denied. It shows that FF franchise is becoming less popular (at least not at the same level as FFVII nor FFX) while the DQ one is becoming more popular (best selling game in the series!). Also, you won't find this game in a bargain bin.

And yes 7k is definitely ''quite a margin'' considering we are talking about JRPG's legs. So in the end if we have to be ''amazed'' by the sales of a JRPG this gen, it should definitely be by DQIX, not FFXIII.

atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lowFullScreen" value="true" />

Well you don't get the point. I'm not saying DQIX will outsell both versions of FFXIII LTD, just that it has better legs. A DQ game that has better legs than a FF game in the West is something very unusual and that you can't denied. It shows that FF franchise is becoming less popular (at least not at the same level as FFVII nor FFX) while the DQ one is becoming more popular (best selling game in the series!). Also, you won't find this game in a bargain bin.

And yes 7k is definitely ''quite a margin'' considering we are talking about JRPG's legs. So in the end if we have to be ''amazed'' by the sales of a JRPG this gen, it should definitely be by DQIX, not FFXIII.

What is your point then? DQ is getting more popular? So what, did you not read the thread title...this isn't a Dragon Quest Sales analysis thread.

1. Dragon Quest IX has been marketed heavily in the West with the UK still getting TV ads months after its launch  unlike previous Dragon Quest's....you choose to conveniently ignore this....of course it will show better legs than a front loaded series like FF.

2. 7 K this week...last Week FF13 outsold it by 3K and it had been doing for many weeks....now due to 1 week suddenly DQIX is showing better legs. Riiiiiight.

3. Who is saying you have to be "amazed" by anything...no-one did.......you came into this thread and started talking about DQIX which has nothing to do with the topic at all. Talking about DQIX sales won't make FFXIII's sales seem any less good...nor will a vice versa comparison.....look up the word co-existence.

And Dragon Quest IX is in the bargain bin at my local GAME, so is FFXIII (360)...not FFXIII (Ps3) though.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey