By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Major Nelson: Kinect Sold 2.5 million in first 25 days

Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

So that comment about outselling the Wii's first holiday?  The one that a ton of people (friend of mine included) mocked MS for making?  Yeah ...

Issue being Kinect launched sooner as Wii had something like 6 weeks and you could clearly tell when retailers lacked Wiis to sell Kinect has been easier to get a hold of probably because it's not an entire console

Everything you stated is true, but it doesn't make 1) the statement from MS nor 2) the subsequent mocking from doubters any less viable.

Indeed and I agree completely just putting some context out there.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Good to know, hopefully this will get developers more willing to indulge in exciting experiments with the device! Bring it! Make me want one!

Kinect adventures = undertracked.

Awesome! The sales are well deserved. The product is so much fun, and it's future is very bright!

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

sold to stores or to customers?

Around the Network
John_Doe said:

sold to stores or to customers?

Customers, as stated in a post above.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Well deserved indeed.

Can't stop playing it.  Just ordered two more games for it.  And best of all, i'm getting a great workout.  Even my wife approved after seeing how active you have to be.

Coca-Cola said:

Well deserved indeed.

Can't stop playing it.  Just ordered two more games for it.  And best of all, i'm getting a great workout.  Even my wife approved after seeing how active you have to be.

Crazy as it may sound, that's one of the main reasons I'm somewhat interested in it.  Is it too much to ask for core gaming to finally HELP get/keep us fit instead of the opposite???

Those are good numbers for sure

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Question -

If they can report Kinect sell through, how come they never state actual Xbox 360 sell through?