By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Major Nelson: Kinect Sold 2.5 million in first 25 days

Hyruken said:

Wasen't their orgional forecast by the end of the year 3m? Or was that a Pachter prediction?

I think their original forecast was 5M, then they dropped it to 3M, then back up to 5M again.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Question -

If they can report Kinect sell through, how come they never state actual Xbox 360 sell through?

Probably because the Xbox is already so old and they weren't keeping such close tabs back when NPD did everything and whatnot.  Now it seems the big 3 have more recently started to do their own tracking and it'd be a pain to go back track all the way for the entire span.  Since Kinect just launched it's a lot easier to keep tabs on right now.

Carl2291 said:

Question -

If they can report Kinect sell through, how come they never state actual Xbox 360 sell through?

They can I'm sure, no idea why they're stating sell through of Kinect though ..

Great sales for Kinect.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

In week 3....Wii Fit sold 2,601,922 million. 

Around the Network
dany612 said:

Damn, thats a lot. In week one Call of Duty Black Ops sold 9.3 million.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
dany612 said:

Are you FOR REALZ?

dany612 said:
Shadowblind said:
dany612 said:

Are you FOR REALZ?

Oh ya I am.

Giggity.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

Question -

They can I'm sure, no idea why they're stating sell through of Kinect though ..

This is just a guess but I'm betting they are reporting sell through number for the sake of the devs, the devs want to know that Kinect will be a success before they support it. 5 million in 2 months is a success.

dany612 said:

Seriously wtf? what has that got to do with anything? Take your stupid provocative shit elsewhere.