By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Major Nelson: Kinect Sold 2.5 million in first 25 days

I just realized, this also means that so far Kinect has had overall very strong legs!

1 million in the first 10 days.

1 million x 2 = 2 million after 20 days.

And 5 days to do half a million to get 2.5 million!  That's a trend of 1 million Kinects every 10 days so far!!!!

Around the Network

Wasen't their orgional forecast by the end of the year 3m? Or was that a Pachter prediction?

Hyruken said:

Wasen't their orgional forecast by the end of the year 3m? Or was that a Pachter prediction?

Yes.  Before Kinect released they raised it to 5 million.

Wow, that's...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Darth Tigris said:

So that comment about outselling the Wii's first holiday?  The one that a ton of people (friend of mine included) mocked MS for making?  Yeah ...

Xbox360 itself won't outsell the Wii for the holiday. No sir.

Kinect itself on the other hand is a different story.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:

I just realized, this also means that so far Kinect has had overall very strong legs!

1 million in the first 10 days.

1 million x 2 = 2 million after 20 days.

And 5 days to do half a million to get 2.5 million!  That's a trend of 1 million Kinects every 10 days so far!!!!

or kinect sold 100k every single day since it's been released. thats another way of looking at it

dany612 said:
Darth Tigris said:

So that comment about outselling the Wii's first holiday?  The one that a ton of people (friend of mine included) mocked MS for making?  Yeah ...

Xbox360 itself won't outsell the Wii for the holiday. No sir.

Kinect itself on the other hand is a different story.

I think you misunderstood.  It said "Wii's FIRST holiday".  That should actually be quite easy.

It's probably safe to call Kinect a success. 

And the good news is this gives publishers confidence that if they add Kinect features there will be a significant market to buy them.

Darth Tigris said:

Issue being Kinect launched sooner as Wii had something like 6 weeks and you could clearly tell when retailers lacked Wiis to sell Kinect has been easier to get a hold of probably because it's not an entire console

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

Issue being Kinect launched sooner as Wii had something like 6 weeks and you could clearly tell when retailers lacked Wiis to sell Kinect has been easier to get a hold of probably because it's not an entire console

Everything you stated is true, but it doesn't make 1) the statement from MS nor 2) the subsequent mocking from doubters any less viable.