By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Major Nelson: Kinect Sold 2.5 million in first 25 days

Shadowblind said:
dany612 said:
Shadowblind said:
dany612 said:

In week 3....Wii Fit sold 2,601,922 million. 

Damn, thats a lot. In week one Call of Duty Black Ops sold 9.3 million.

Are you FOR REALZ?

Oh ya I am.

Giggity.

Giggity giggity goo

Around the Network

Seece said:
dany612 said:

Seriously wtf*? what has that got to do with anything? Take your stupid* provocative shit* elsewhere.

People were comparing the two on another thread, why didn't you get mad at them?

Anyway I posted that to show comparison between the two and their corresponding sales for their approx 3-4 weeks of availability. Now if you don't like that then that's your problemo not mine.

Then again you seem like an Xbox fan *sigh*

*I recommend banning Seece for saying such hurtful words.

Carl2291 said:

Question -

If they can report Kinect sell through, how come they never state actual Xbox 360 sell through?

this is a very good point. I dont know if you have twitter but Major Nelson or Aaron Greenberg stated about 6 months ago basically mocked the process of selling to shipping.

I think that is why they keep saying it is too consumers, I think they are going to use selling to Consumers pretty soon for consoles hopefully. Though if Nintendo and Sony use shipped you will be reporting not as impressive numbers in comparison.

Having said that from what I have heard they will be using Sold to Consumers a lot more often... hopefully :)

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Looks like Kinect is banging out the sales, as projected by M$...Even if they don't get to 5 million, we are still looking at a number over 4 million, which would be stunning, considering that this is a "add-on" for a 5 year old system.  A system that some predicted would start to be phased out around this time, to boot!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

dany612 said:

Seece said:
dany612 said:

Seriously wtf*? what has that got to do with anything? Take your stupid* provocative shit* elsewhere.

People were comparing the two on another thread, why didn't you get mad at them?

Anyway I posted that to show comparison between the two and their corresponding sales for their approx 3-4 weeks of availability. Now if you don't like that then that's your problemo not mine.

Unnessacery trolling/flamebait post more like. I am an Xbox fan ta very much, doesn't change what you did though does it?

Around the Network

OF course, 5 million is easily doable if they can keep shortages from drying everything up.  My entire district is sold through on every model of Kinect except for a few 4 gig bundles in some of our stores.  In fact at my main store where I work we've been sold out since early Black Friday morning, despite what Pachter says there is shortages for both Kinect and Move but more so for Kinect.

Seece said:
dany612 said:

Seece said:
dany612 said:

Unnessacery trolling/flamebait post more like. I am an Xbox fan ta very much, doesn't change what you did though does it?

I'm sorry sir. Please accept my apology. I will not try to do that again. :'(...amigos?

The success of Kinect is hurting alot of people's feelings...lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Carl2291 said:

Question -

If they can report Kinect sell through, how come they never state actual Xbox 360 sell through?

Thats a good question actually.....how the hell do they track that anyways?

Just checked the VGC figures again.  Right now (excluding Black Friday week), Kinect Adventures is at 1.5 million.  This means that either VGC undertracked it by a few hundred thousand units the last week, or Kinect sold close to 800k-1million this week!!!

Either way that is insane, and with the Kinect/360 bundles all being sold out everywhere, the hardware sales this week are going to be massive as well.  Probably close to 600k for Americas alone for 360.