By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo DS Becoming Best Selling Console of All Time in a Couple of Days

Amazing, the PS2 will only be the number one home  console now until the Wii pass it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The Wii is going to be (or it is already) the best selling single console SKU, another victory for Nintendo.

Did the GameBoy or GameBoy Color hold that title? Or was that also the PS2?

Carl2291 said:
RolStoppable said:

The Wii is going to be (or it is already) the best selling single console SKU, another victory for Nintendo.

Did the GameBoy or GameBoy Color hold that title? Or was that also the PS2?

I think it might be the psone possibly?

Is it amazing the Wii is actually further on track to pass the PS2 and it still not 50% of the market.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

Is it amazing the Wii is actually further on track to pass the PS2 and it still not 50% of the market.

Well it truly shows that this generation is much much greater than the last, and everything isn't said and done yet.

Around the Network

The best selling consumer electronics device ever was a Nokia dumbphone that sold over 250 million units (probably well over that since the last reported data). I'm not sure if the fact that DS is split into three models makes it not so comparable, but I'm interested how it ranks among consumer electronics devices generally.

If you combine all iPods, which vary wildly from the early ones to the newest, they're at over 260 million, but aside from that what else beats DS?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

psrock said:

I don't think it is, PS2's later life was stronger than the Wii's will be because Nintendo fails when it comes to distributing in emerging markets.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Ds will surely pass the ps2 at the end of the year (VGC numbers), and for the other number just a few more months... Best of all is that the Ds deserves all those sells, the system is just too amazing.. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

psrock said:

Wii is going to fall rapidly behind at some point. PS2 is still shipping 1.5 mill units a Q 10 years on, Wii won't be doing that in 2016

The Ps2 numbers are wrong, it was all but established last quarterly numbers.  They have to be corrected.