By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo DS Becoming Best Selling Console of All Time in a Couple of Days

MaxwellGT2000 said:
NYANKS said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

My friends household has had 6 360s, 3 PS3s, 3 DSs, a Wii, and a PSP.  Most of those rebuys for PS3 and 360 are for system failures or so he and his dad own their own console, DS because there was that limited edition Zelda model and the DSi XL.  He also had multiple PS2s at least 2 of the phats died on him which he has a slim now but I don't know how many total.

Personally I've owned 1 of each since unlike him I wait for hardware revisions instead of launch save Wii/DS so I haven't needed to rebuy a console, I've owned 3 DS consoles because one burned up in a house fire, bought a replacement, then just upgraded to lite.  I've owned 2 PSPs because I wanted one of the older models.  So I guess I'm more typical lol

Lol, I'm not hating on the 360, but if ANYTHING failed on me that many times, it would be so done.  Imagine if a car did that to you...  That's too extreme for me haha, and also insane dedication on his part.  So you own more handhelds if I followed correctly, yeah?  And a house fire! Damn sorry about that man. :(   

Well my friend went through like 3 360s and his dad did as well so 3 each, all of those were failures, one of those PS3s was due to a failure.  

And yeah I've been building my collection back up since the house fire, most of the games/even some consoles in my collection were destroyed in that fire but the database here helps me list what I need to rebuy.  I've started rebuilding with the SNES, after that I'm gonna find a Gen/Sega CD, N64 but since my PS3 plays PS1 games and my Wii GC games I'm not even bothering with rebuying those consoles.

Nice!  I love collecting.  Even though I have a 60 gig PS3, I'm gonna shell out for a new PS2 when they finally announce that production is being halted.  I don't have a PS2 in the house right now.  That's gonna be a sad day.  You know your console is beast when people buy duplicates simply for sentimental value!

Edit: I also got one of those Dreamcasts off Thinkgeek, the demo disc from back in the day was still in packaging! So weird seeing a demo disc for DC games aying NOT YET RATED lol.  I'm in the market for DC games as well.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
Metallicube said:
radiantshadow92 said:

so then if the DS is a console. Is the ipod touch a console?

Nope, as it not a deticated game machine. It is a music player that also happens to play games. DS exists for the sole purpose of playing video games.

it depends on the consumer. There are tons of people that buy ps3 or psp simply just for their media. the DS can live for the sole purpose of playing music for example. So that logic doesn't really apply here. Like said before, i think it really depends who you ask, and there is no right answer. 

You really think there are people out there that buy a PS3 just for the Blu Ray player, or a DS just for the music? oook...

Please, just don't... DS is a DETICATED games machine. Iphone/Itouch/PC is not. PERIOD. This CANNOT be argued.

People who argue are afriad of change it seems

Ninten78 said:

No.  People who don't understand things are afraid of being intelligible.

WOW I didnt think there would be so much people arguing that DS cannot be considered as a console when I made this thread. LOL

Seems there is some people that just don't want to see Nintendo on top one more time. To these people I would say you can always claim that PS2 remains the best selling ''home'' console. :P

At least I had some good laugh reading some of the posts here and I'm sure it's not over yet :D

Around the Network
Ninten78 said:

I am not arguing anything, except that the DS is a console or a handheld console depending on who you ask.

I think we can declare the DS as the most sold console of all time already, because the PS2 is not even a console, its a home console, so it doesn't count.   xp

It even plays your music CD's and DVD's. You can even install Linux on that thing. Console my ass.

Consoles = Portables, everyone knows that.

DS IS THE KING RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Disclaimer: If you're a hater, don't tell me this looks just like your spin. Because it does. Only reversed.

The DS is on top now

atma998 said:

WOW I didnt think there would be so much people arguing that DS cannot be considered as a console when I made this thread. LOL

Seems there is some people that just don't want to see Nintendo on top one more time. To these people I would say you can always claim that PS2 remains the best selling ''home'' console. :P

At least I had some good laugh reading some of the posts here and I'm sure it's not over yet :D

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3778456

I called it

Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3778456

I called it

People would never learn!