By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP!! 20 November 2010!!!!!!

Gotta say top 50 software looks really boring. 14 "games" that are either Party,Dancing or Sports games. And Zumba fitness lmao. I rather see some good games on chart than these crappy ones.

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:

Am I the only person finding these numbers confusing?

No, me too.

Me threee... I dont know why VGC want to go this far to prove that the wii will get a holidays boost. December is near so we'll see what's really goin on

What?  Who is trying to prove it?  The forum members? 

@Darth

Final Fantasy XIII was better than FFX but that game was an abortion (I fear my hate for that game grows over time)... but for many others FFXIII wasn't good either, my local game stores are packed with unsold copies, the local gamestop I used to work for has tons of used copies that people traded back in droves like GoW3...  Personally I don't find FFXIII that bad but it's very anime like as far as stories go which certain sections of gamers just don't like, it leads to the old FF vs new FF debates all the time since a Sakaguchi story is VERY different from your Nomura type stories

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
kopstudent89 said:
ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:

No, me too.

Me threee... I dont know why VGC want to go this far to prove that the wii will get a holidays boost. December is near so we'll see what's really goin on

@Darth

Final Fantasy XIII was better than FFX but that game was an abortion (I fear my hate for that game grows over time)... but for many others FFXIII wasn't good either, my local game stores are packed with unsold copies, the local gamestop I used to work for has tons of used copies that people traded back in droves like GoW3...  Personally I don't find FFXIII that bad but it's very anime like as far as stories go which certain sections of gamers just don't like, it leads to the old FF vs new FF debates all the time since a Sakaguchi story is VERY different from your Nomura type stories

How is FFXIII anime-like?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

i think ps3 is undertracked in USA everything else got a huge holiday boost you thik ps3 whould be around th 160k mark at least... anyway if i'm wrong i dont mind it's just an opinion, on topic amazing wii sales i really knew it would come back with a vengance in the holidays

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

You'd think people would have learned what happens at this time of year by now, but obviously not. Still, it makes it more interesting to read when people are like... whaaaat.

VGChartz

Around the Network

My thoughts:

1. Wii numbers are accurate.

2. I really believe that the PS3 is undertracked, especially in the Americas.

3. The 360/Kinect is also undertracked. But not near as bad as the PS3

Just my thoughts and I have nothing to substantiate them. Time will tell if I am correct.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Dampfi said:

Nice Wii boosts in EMEAA and America. It might be over 1m next week due to Black Friday. I think it is very likely for Wii to top 80m sold by the end of the year and I wonder how sales of evergreens like NSMBWii, Wii Sports/Resort/Fit Plus/Party and MKWii will be with the upcoming bundles. I am just hoping that Galaxy 2, Goldeneye and Kirby will see decent holiday sales as well.

P.S. There is a Just Dance Kids? UbiSoft are milking the cow lol

I think the wii has a shot at 82M, but should at least outsell LT sales of GBA.  The evergreen titles are marvelous medicine.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

huaxiong90 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
kopstudent89 said:
ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:

No, me too.

@Darth

How is FFXIII anime-like?

Have you watched anime in the last 20 years?  Ragtag group of angsty teens with stereotypical metrosexual males that could be emo as hell, if you don't include Sazh that's FFXIII in a nutshell and the stereotypical group of heroes in your typical anime... the plot/characters/settings all fit very well into Japanese anime which is likely the reason why FF has changed like it has. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:

and just like that, Darth manages to derail the thread by bringing up FF XIII sales.

Next week there will be no need to derail as PS3 will be on top!!!!!!!! (hopefully)

What's that got to do with anything?

The mere mentioning of FF XIII itself reignites my hatred for that disappointing game. There should be some kind of gamer awareness campaign so no one else tastes the bitterness I and countless others were poisoned with.

Disappointing for you, one of the best games this gen for me and countless others.

Deal with it.

Countless? You mean zero, correct? ;)

I am maybe, MAYBE the only person who vaguely enjoys FF13 who I know, and even then, it wasn't good enough for a place in my Top 50...

Overall I feel as though the delays/better graphics hurt it. It was good, but without the towns, customisable party, free-roaming aspects, levelling up etc., it didn't "feel" like FF. I think that's why not many people enjoyed it...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kopstudent89 said:

VGC aren't going so far to do anything. They're just reporting numbers.

What I found confusing was how the Wii was getting such huge boosts despite having nothing notable release, yet PS3 and 360 remain flat despite pretty big releases.

This was answered by people saying it's had plenty of new bundles, and NSMB Wii is still the systems biggest system seller, 1 Year later.