By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP!! 20 November 2010!!!!!!

ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:

Am I the only person finding these numbers confusing?

No, me too.

Me threee... I dont know why VGC want to go this far to prove that the wii will get a holidays boost. December is near so we'll see what's really goin on

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:

and just like that, Darth manages to derail the thread by bringing up FF XIII sales.

Next week there will be no need to derail as PS3 will be on top!!!!!!!! (hopefully)

What's that got to do with anything?

The mere mentioning of FF XIII itself reignites my hatred for that disappointing game. There should be some kind of gamer awareness campaign so no one else tastes the bitterness I and countless others were poisoned with.

Hey i haven't played the game yet.. dont ruin it for me -.-

darthdevidem01 said:

@WW Sales

I thought I was the only one crying with joy. I'm not alone!

OT:

Samus' sales booster isn't working...bummer.

Impressive DS and Wii, despite Wii numbers don't include DK yet, very good XB360 and PS3, even PSP is not bad.

PS3 is still kinda sluggish (compared to WW performance) in America, will it take off with GT5? Or will the astroturfing-hatefest moneyhatted by MS damage it? 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

makingmusic476 said:

So what's up with Enslaved.  The ps3 version barely edged out the 360 version for the first week, and both were essentially tied on a weekly basis up until week 5, when the 360 version started going back up in sales (holiday bump?) and the ps3 version kept going down.  This week the 360 version is still in the top 50, doing about 30k, while the ps3 version isn't even in the top 100, landing around 6k.

Might just be me, but when I tried the demo I liked it but felt it was basically a futuristic sub-version of Uncharted 2 and thought "maybe later when it's cheap".  The platforming in the demo was poor if you're an Uncharted fan as was the combat.  It just felt a little shallow really.  I therefore wonder if demographically a colourful platform/combat romp has more room on 360 to appeal than PS3?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

"astroturfing-hatefest moneyhatted by MS"

Lolwut

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

It's funny how since March we have been hearing that Wii is dying and Kienct and Move will be the executioner, guess that's not true

hatmoza said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:

and just like that, Darth manages to derail the thread by bringing up FF XIII sales.

Next week there will be no need to derail as PS3 will be on top!!!!!!!! (hopefully)

What's that got to do with anything?

The mere mentioning of FF XIII itself reignites my hatred for that disappointing game. There should be some kind of gamer awareness campaign so no one else tastes the bitterness I and countless others were poisoned with.

Disappointing for you, one of the best games this gen for me and countless others.

Deal with it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wii is very strong in holidays, although there is Move and Kinect already.

Nintendo DS is near to beat PlayStation 2!!

melbye said:

It's funny how since March we have been hearing that Wii is dying and Kienct and Move will be the executioner, guess that's not true

That's because so many people who are keen on seeing Wii fail - or overly convinced that a new product (Kinect/Move) will immediately supplant it - did't bother to look at its annual lifecycle curve.  The Wii sells way more during Holiday season whether it has new titles or not.  It is a very popular gift and this year doesn't look any different with sales increasing in US/EMEAA in the run up to Christmas.

I predicted Wii to sell the most WW for the holidays and I'm still feeling confident that will probably happen.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...