By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP!! 20 November 2010!!!!!!

Metallicube said:
psrock said:
Metallicube said:
thx1139 said:

Just looked back and the automatic well Nintendo always increases more during holidays is false. Previously gen GCN only increased past Xbox in 2003 when Nintendo dropped to $99.99 and in 2005 after 360 released.  Yes Wii has previously increased huge during holidays, but everything this year was pointing to different results.  I really will be very interested in seeing the NPD numbers for November when they leak.  Think the calculations giving Wii as big an icrease this year will need to be adjusted.

Why are you so suspicious of the Wii resurgence? As I said, DKC is going to be a bombshell, as it is a highly popular 2D platformer that has potential to really move hardware. Then you have the Red Wii bundle, the conintued strength of NSMB, Mario Allstars, Just Dance 2, Kirby, Goldeneye, Michael Jackson, etc, and the normal holiday boosts that usually favor Nintendo.

Wii sales have been poor the majority of this year because Nintendo has had virtually NO games that appeal to a wide audience and reinvigorate Wii sales. Basically, from Jan - Sep in 2010, the biggest Wii releases were: Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M, both of which were clearly NOT hardware movers.

In the recent weeks, this has changed. Remember, software is what drives hardware sales. Sony and MS can throw out all the hardware addons they want, but at the end of the day, the populatiry of the GAMES is what is going to drive hardware sales, and there are no killer aps on those add ons that are pushing hardware. Black Ops is really the only recent hardware mover for the HD consoles.

would you please list all these new games that has been pushing wii sales the last couple weeks?

All you have to do is look at the top 10 to find that out.. NSMB, an extremely popular game, has extended its influenece into this year, as well as Wii Party, Michael Jackson, and DKC. Evergreen titles have the ability to power a console for an extended period of time. Wii has a number of 10 million selling games, and rest assured these games are helping it to sell this holiday.

I could answer your question with another question.. What new games should be pushing the HD console besides Call of Duty?

I don't publish the console sales, so I don't see why I should have to justify the numbers. These numbers are just estimates, and could be very far off. I don't deny that. But this is what has been posted. If you're that skeptical of the vgchartz numbers, just wait for NPD and leave it at that..

You made a claim, I ask you to back it up, which you can't. Looking around, it seems the Wii has the best bundles this year, and as usual Mario plays a huge role. The 360 is selling software as much as the Wii and the PS3 is not that far off. They  all have software.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Nice result. Its a good change to know that the Wii isn't going to double the next best consoles sales this time around and that it is more of an even contest. Anyway I think Kinect hit 1.5M so congrats for that and for whatever Move sold. Anyway I think Kinect is higher than many peoples predictions after the 3rd week for LTD sales. Only 3.5M to prove or disprove whether or not they were right in predicting 5M sales.

Tease.

Brotherhood starting amazing numbers (1,76 millions for 2 consoles) , Record for the assassins Creed Franchise... Assassins Creed franchise beats 20 millions of copies around the world... Go Altair and Ezio!!! :)

Good number for all consoles, wii back to top, DK should be at least 500k FW... Wondering if next week Ds could top a million?... I wouldnt be really surprise, but who knows...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

@WW Sales

At least FF13 will cross 6 Million next week!

Final Fantasy XIII (X360)
Square Enix
37 13,370 1,624,818

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Square Enix
49 11,404 4,365,972

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

@WW Sales

At least FF13 will cross 6 Million next week!

Square Enix
37 13,370 1,624,818

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Square Enix
49 11,404 4,365,972

woah, I didn't realize it before but another possible 5mil seller for ps3?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Square Enix
37 13,370 1,624,818

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Square Enix
49 11,404 4,365,972

woah, I didn't realize it before but another possible 5mil seller for ps3?

Depends on 2 things:

- If it gets to around 4.5 Million by the end of the holidays

- How legs are once the holidays are over....ideally should stay around 5K so it'll do 50K every 10 weeks....

- When the re-release is done in Japan and when the GReatest Hits is released in the West....both will help.

- Cross bundles done during Versus XIII launch (Like X and X-2 were bundled for a while when X-2 came out)

At this point 5 Million seems likely, as does 2 Million for xbox 360.

PS3 sales in America disappoint me. Seriously.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

and just like that, Darth manages to derail the thread by bringing up FF XIII sales.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

and just like that, Darth manages to derail the thread by bringing up FF XIII sales.

Next week there will be no need to derail as PS3 will be on top!!!!!!!! (hopefully)