By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP!! 20 November 2010!!!!!!

Wii taking names! Looks like all those doom article for the Wii is just fuel in the tank. Good for nintendo, without them we wouldn't be where we are today. Rocken super metroid on the wii.

Fable 3 and black ops on the xbox.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

Last year corresponding week

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total
731,325 ( 36%)
396,342 (-3%)
357,552 (-18%)

Last year this was the week after COD:MW and the initial week of NSMBWii.  Anyone else find it strange that percentage wise Wii sales increased 42% while last year the increase was 36%.

not really, the wii was hot on a price-cut last year and had great sales after oct.  this year the wii was struggling with record lows and it hasn't the big hits of last year--- all in all much easy to increase more this year than last

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Wii back on top for holidays, exactly like expected.

Lol at the HD fanboys who expected the PS3 and the Xbox 360 to sell more than the Wii. The Wii is always the christmas present and the family console. HD consoles can't touch the Wii in holidays.

huaxiong90 said:

PS3 sales in America disappoint me. Seriously.

360 sales in japan make me want to punch a pillow. Hopefully kinect does a 360  in japan and starts selling like hot cakes off of word of mouth. One day M$, one day.

Yea PS3 Numbers in NA are pretty low.

Next week sales should be a indicator of  what is in store for the coming weeks before christmas.

XBox doing will in NA , OK in EMEAA, horrible in japan but better then normal.

bannedagain said:
huaxiong90 said:

PS3 sales in America disappoint me. Seriously.

360 sales in japan make me want to punch a pillow. Hopefully kinect does a 360  in japan and starts selling like hot cakes off of word of mouth. One day M$, one day.

Yea PS3 Numbers in NA are pretty low.

Next week sales should be a indicator of  what is in store for the coming weeks before christmas.

XBox doing will in NA , OK in EMEAA, horrible in japan but better then normal.

I suppose, but when it comes to home consoles, we both know which country is more influential in terms of HW sales.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

So what's up with Enslaved.  The ps3 version barely edged out the 360 version for the first week, and both were essentially tied on a weekly basis up until week 5, when the 360 version started going back up in sales (holiday bump?) and the ps3 version kept going down.  This week the 360 version is still in the top 50, doing about 30k, while the ps3 version isn't even in the top 100, landing around 6k.

darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:

and just like that, Darth manages to derail the thread by bringing up FF XIII sales.

Next week there will be no need to derail as PS3 will be on top!!!!!!!! (hopefully)

Doubt it, but we'll see ;)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nice Wii boosts in EMEAA and America. It might be over 1m next week due to Black Friday. I think it is very likely for Wii to top 80m sold by the end of the year and I wonder how sales of evergreens like NSMBWii, Wii Sports/Resort/Fit Plus/Party and MKWii will be with the upcoming bundles. I am just hoping that Galaxy 2, Goldeneye and Kirby will see decent holiday sales as well.

P.S. There is a Just Dance Kids? UbiSoft are milking the cow lol

Hmm, hate to be a doubter but I think Wii will be on top next week again, Black Friday will have a huge impact on the sales, also I think there are quite a few K sales from Amazon.co.uk, for the blackfriday deals they did a Wii console I think Black limited edition for £60 which roughly translates into ~$100. I am not going to make a bold prediction but the odds are against PS3 coming on top next week, I don't even feel the need to mention 360, either solid third or close to 2nd imo. I guess it all comes down to whether Japan and EMEAA can cancel out the gap that Wii is most likely to make due to Black Friday. Should be a fun week :p

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:

and just like that, Darth manages to derail the thread by bringing up FF XIII sales.

Next week there will be no need to derail as PS3 will be on top!!!!!!!! (hopefully)

What's that got to do with anything?

The mere mentioning of FF XIII itself reignites my hatred for that disappointing game. There should be some kind of gamer awareness campaign so no one else tastes the bitterness I and countless others were poisoned with.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson