By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So.. ps3 is doing by 1 mln. better then x360 in it`s first year?

I particularly like how the 360 has 4 million sold in its first year in America and PS3 barely 3. Looks like Xbox wins America!

What are you looking at, nerd?
Around the Network

The PS3 is doing a very bit better, thanks mostly to it's presence in Japan. Does this mean the PS3 will sell more than the 360 in the end ? Absolutely not. Coming 1 year later, the PS3 had to sell at least better in it's first year than the 360 in it's second year to stay in the competition.
The difference between the 360 and the PS3 has grown from 5.51M one year ago to 7.42M now.

StanGable said:
I particularly like how the 360 has 4 million sold in its first year in America and PS3 barely 3. Looks like Xbox wins America!

Of course it does, America is xbox country (now Wii country), but thats pretty much it for microsoft. they fail in japan and lose out in europe to the PS3 so they better hope they maintain their stranglehold on the NA market.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

leo-j said:
Ps3 has gained a ton of market share since launched.

This is one of those totally meaningless statements - it could almost come directly from Sony PR.

Starting with 0% market share it obviously increased, what did you expect? It did this despite having been outsold by both of its competitors in some 50 out of the around 60 weeks since its launch.

The difference towards the 360 was already big - it's now bigger. As someone already said, at this rate it will catch the 360 worldwide in around 2005.

What a feat.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

The thing is that sales of the next gen consoles are always low for the first ones to market. The majority of people who are not early adopters always wait till everything is all out before making their purchasing decisions.

Realize that the majority of people are not videogame enthusiasts and that single console households is still the rule, not the exception.

Around the Network

The PS3 has only cut the price $100 this year, yet cut development costs significantly. Prove me wrong if I am.

And who cares whether or not you think its an amazing feat. Exclusive now will remain exclusives, third party devs will no longer cancel multiplatform titles and make them Xbox exclusives, and the PS3 will benefit from huge hardware boosts from exclusives both inside and OUTSIDE the FPS fanbase, a fanbase that has yet to see a reason to buy a next gen console for racing, RPGs, action games, etc.

The PS3 is catching the Xbox next year unless the Xbox has something huge up its sleeves.

Jandre02 said:
The PS3 has only cut the price $100 this year, yet cut development costs significantly. Prove me wrong if I am.

And who cares whether or not you think its an amazing feat. Exclusive now will remain exclusives, third party devs will no longer cancel multiplatform titles and make them Xbox exclusives, and the PS3 will benefit from huge hardware boosts from exclusives both inside and OUTSIDE the FPS fanbase, a fanbase that has yet to see a reason to buy a next gen console for racing, RPGs, action games, etc.

The PS3 is catching the Xbox next year unless the Xbox has something huge up its sleeves.

1st price cut and new SKU - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19674547/
2nd price cut and new SKU - http://gaygamer.net/2007/10/price_cut_for_40gb_and_80gb_ps.html

And for PS3 to catch the 360 next year, it has to OUTSELL the 360 by 500k each month.

@kruze

Because its a meaningless thread.

mM
Jandre02 said:

Generally speaking, it fall on the person making the first statement to prove themselves right, not everyone else having to prove you wrong.

erikers is 100% right

This almost seems like a troll thread that is FULL of mis-information.

Sony is actually BEHIND in the same time frame.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php