By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DFC Intelligence, the PlayStation 3 will surpass the Xbox 360 in worldwide

DirtyP2002 said:

PS3 being last was ban-worthy in late 2006.

I remember ppl got banned for posting PS3 YLOD or whatever hardware failure. It was funny. Sorta.

Around the Network

I've said this since early 2007 and I still believe it:

By the time the PS3 passes the 360, it won't matter. Microsoft will be gearing up for their next console launch.

I'd like to know where all the people who trolled me for saying that are today... probably playing a 360 somewhere.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

well i don't know about the software part but im sure it will help.

previously I've posted yr end sells for next yr at (PS3 60m 360 57m) but im not at all certain now, but i do know it will be close?

Shouldn't be a problem, definitely will do it by units shipped.

rocketpig said:

I've said this since early 2007 and I still believe it:

By the time the PS3 passes the 360, it won't matter. Microsoft will be gearing up for their next console launch.

I'd like to know where all the people who trolled me for saying that are today... probably playing a 360 somewhere.

oh TRUST ME, it will matter on this site.

Around the Network

Idk, 2011 will probably prove that the PS3 will outsell the 360,  whether it's in 2011 or 2012.  But seriously PS3 has too many games to count in 2011...I don't know if I will even get them all at launch.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Considering Playstation 2's hardware user base to the original Xbox's hardware base it should happen eventually. What was it 25 million to 120 million? Xbox has already done a great job at expanding their user base and will no doubt double it this generation. But is still at a disadvantage to the older more established Sony brand. Come next generation they'll have a better chance but I have my doubts they can hold second place but never the less they did a lot better then anyone ever expected. It's win win for xbox but PS3 still has a lot to live up too its predecessors just my opinion on the matter.

Now the gap between PS3 and X360 is 4M according to VGC. Back in October, Microsoft shipped 44.6M and Sony 41.6. Currently X360 is 600k over that figure, and PS3 is still 400k behind, I think there's a problem somewhere. Virtually that would mean that there's 1M PS3 more on shelves than X360... No way.

Wagram said:
Jadedx said:

Wont happen.

I'm suprised you think so. PS3 is already outselling the 360 time from launch.

This argument doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It's knocked off what, 2.5 million in four years now, and I'm supposed to believe it can knock off another 4 million in one year? Wishful thinking.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

That people are actually doubting this. Well newsflash, PS3 is still at $299 while X360 has been at $199 for over two years now. Though it doesn't mean that PS3 has done well compared to it's predecessors.