By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DFC Intelligence, the PlayStation 3 will surpass the Xbox 360 in worldwide

It will never happen, Greenburg said the 360 would remain in 2nd place so there!

Anyway without current worldwide trends for this current Christmas it will be hard to say what will happen. The winner this holiday season will reduce or increase the gap and early next year will likely carry on the trends from Christmas.

Tease.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
rocketpig said:

I've said this since early 2007 and I still believe it:

By the time the PS3 passes the 360, it won't matter. Microsoft will be gearing up for their next console launch.

I'd like to know where all the people who trolled me for saying that are today... probably playing a 360 somewhere.

oh TRUST ME, it will matter on this site.

Yep expect running of the mouth for atleast 6 months straight and this is why I think it shouldn't happen. Just to put a damper on all the people gearing up for the moment it happens.

So I will get mine out now, yaaaaa we are still not in third. lol

EyeAmTJ said:
Wagram said:
Jadedx said:

Wont happen.

I'm suprised you think so. PS3 is already outselling the 360 time from launch.

better grammar please

It's the internet, I don't give a shit.

That will be awesome! Then we can here the PS3 fanboy parade every day!Yaaaayyyy!!!!!

Monges79 said:

That will be awesome! Then we can here the PS3 fanboy parade every day!Yaaaayyyy!!!!!

Yay!

Tease.

Around the Network
Monges79 said:

Boo parades are lame BOO

How about something cooler like pie plus online gaming.

I don't know about that. Especially considering the 360 has the best selling console since Kinect launched. PS3 will need a price cut or something to make this happen. The good exclusives will help though.

highly illogical

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

binary solo said:
Killiana1a said:

Interesting analysis. I like how they pin their analysis on software. The best indicator to look at, as even I have stated a few times, Sony's software lineup for 2011 is beautiful compared to Microsoft's and Nintendo's.

What I do quibble, which may have to do with their data collection, is their emphasis on Japan, Americas, and Europe as if Brazil, the Middle East, Africa, and others do not matter.

Japan in comparison to the Americas or Europe is miniscule in comparison and going forward will have a decreasing amount of influence in video game sales due to the demographics, hand-held dominance, and economy. Any analysis emphasizing who has the most in the Japanese market is immediately suspicious to me because if you look at the weekly hardware numbers here on VGChartz, the total amount of hardware and software sold in Japan is tiny compared to the Americas and EMEAA totals.

Just to prove my point, here are the latest total weekly hardware and software by region via VGChartz (14 Nov 2010):

Japan

Total Software: 819,198

Total Hardware: 134,675

EMEAA

Total Software: 8,768,075

Total Hardware: 1,059,813

Americas

Total Software: 15,194,851

Total Hardware: 737,222

Interesting, but very unlikely to happen if the bulk of your analysis is concerned with who wins in Japan.

Analysts would do better if they focused less on Japan and more on Brazil, India, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Canada. The US and Japan are oversaturated markets at this point in the generation.

When it comes to PS3 vs. 360 Japan is significant, because the gap in weekly sales between these 2 consoles is consistently large, and often times negates (or nearly so) the PS3 vs. 360 gap in the Americas. Thus giving the weekly total to PS3. For the relatively small overall size of the market it delivers a very large sales gap between PS3 and 360.

The 360 is following the same pattern in Japan as the original Xbox where it is available but does not sell in comparison to the Sony console. I am unsure of whether this is Microsoft's fault in not building brand recognition, duplicity between the consoles where each caters to roughly the same market, or just a Japanese aversion to a foreign console. I want to think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Wagram said:
mundus6 said:

I don't see how, it will catch up more. But 4 million units? It has only caught up with 2.5million units or so, lifetime sales. Why would it sell 4 million units more next year? When it only managed 2.5 in 4 years... Prediction, by years end 2011, probably still 3 million ahead for Xbox 360, both will be over 50 million though.

I'm not saying it will outsell it next year. The 360 is going to be off the market faster and it will finish off its gap then. I was just stating a point that from TIME OF LAUNCH for EACH console SEPERATELY the PS3 is WINNING.

I was replying to the first post not yours, which says it will outsell it in the next year according to DFC Intelligence. Which i sincerely doubt since again, 4 million units more, i would be suprised if it sold 2 million units more.