By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DFC Intelligence, the PlayStation 3 will surpass the Xbox 360 in worldwide

themanwithnoname said:
Wagram said:
Jadedx said:

Wont happen.

I'm suprised you think so. PS3 is already outselling the 360 time from launch.

This argument doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It's knocked off what, 2.5 million in four years now, and I'm supposed to believe it can knock off another 4 million in one year? Wishful thinking.

The 360 launched about 11 months and 2 weeks ahead of the PS3. That is a 1 year gap. Are you seriously trying to say that the PS3 isn't outselling the 360 since launch? It only needs 4M to catch up, and it will do WELL over that. Also the 360 will get off the market faster. Sony has a 10 year plan. IT WILL outsell the 360.

Around the Network

I don't see how, it will catch up more. But 4 million units? It has only caught up with 2.5million units or so, lifetime sales. Why would it sell 4 million units more next year? When it only managed 2.5 in 4 years... Prediction, by years end 2011, probably still 3 million ahead for Xbox 360, both will be over 50 million though.

mundus6 said:

I don't see how, it will catch up more. But 4 million units? It has only caught up with 2.5million units or so, lifetime sales. Why would it sell 4 million units more next year? When it only managed 2.5 in 4 years... Prediction, by years end 2011, probably still 3 million ahead for Xbox 360, both will be over 50 million though.

I'm not saying it will outsell it next year. The 360 is going to be off the market faster and it will finish off its gap then. I was just stating a point that from TIME OF LAUNCH for EACH console SEPERATELY the PS3 is WINNING.

Wagram said:
themanwithnoname said:
Wagram said:
Jadedx said:

Wont happen.

This argument doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It's knocked off what, 2.5 million in four years now, and I'm supposed to believe it can knock off another 4 million in one year? Wishful thinking.

The 360 launched about 11 months and 2 weeks ahead of the PS3. That is a 1 year gap. Are you seriously trying to say that the PS3 isn't outselling the 360 since launch? It only needs 4M to catch up, and it will do WELL over that. Also the 360 will get off the market faster. Sony has a 10 year plan. IT WILL outsell the 360.

What the crap are you even talking about? That's NOT what the OP says. The OP says it will outsell it by the end of next year. Maybe you should try actually reading it instead of yelling at me for actually responding to the OP. And yeah, I stick by what I said. Your argument shows exactly why it won't happen within a year.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I have thought it would outsell it as well,  though I dont know if it can do it by the end of next year,  I do believe it will do it before the new consoles are out

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
Wagram said:
themanwithnoname said:
Wagram said:
Jadedx said:

Wont happen.

What the crap are you even talking about? That's NOT what the OP says. The OP says it will outsell it by the end of next year. Maybe you should try actually reading it instead of yelling at me for actually responding to the OP. And yeah, I stick by what I said. Your argument shows exactly why it won't happen within a year.

I wasn't referring to the OP. I just didn't specifically state it. No I don't think it will outsell it next year. However IT WILL outsell it eventually.

mchaza said:

it will happen. 

Sony has really marketed and put out the preception that the PS3 is "Newer" compared to the X360. 

The how Future Proof and the push at 3D gaming will boost PS3 sales when 3D tvs rise in numbers (and will since all new will be 3D soon) 

And with the mega Line up if you are an gamer looking to get an console in 2011 you would pick PS3 over 360 because all the exclusives are overwhelming. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Wagram said:
Jadedx said:

Wont happen.

better grammar please

I'm only 99% certain it will outsell the 360 by the end of next year.  One reason is because ever since the launch of the Slim, the PS3 has slowly, but surely, been closing the gap on the 360.  When the Slim launched, I believe the gap was ~ 8 mil shipped.  That's when many on here were saying the gap would never begin to close.  If anything it would increase.  But in a little over a year, the PS3 has closed the gap by 5 mil, to just 3 mil. 

Now, the most important reason isn't because of great software next year, either.  It's because next year, the price is going to drop to either $199 or $249.  The Move bundle will also probably drop to $299 because of the falling price of the PS3 HW and the Move controllers.  So 2011 is going to be a great year for the PS3, and probably Move, especially with an even bigger boost around this time next year from the lower price.

AnthonyW86 said:

That people are actually doubting this. Well newsflash, PS3 is still at $299 while X360 has been at $199 for over two years now. Though it doesn't mean that PS3 has done well compared to it's predecessors.

u do know its a $199 & $299 360 in the market right?? An mostly every buys the $299 console