By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DFC Intelligence, the PlayStation 3 will surpass the Xbox 360 in worldwide

it will happen. 

Sony has really marketed and put out the preception that the PS3 is "Newer" compared to the X360. 

The how Future Proof and the push at 3D gaming will boost PS3 sales when 3D tvs rise in numbers (and will since all new will be 3D soon) 

And with the mega Line up if you are an gamer looking to get an console in 2011 you would pick PS3 over 360 because all the exclusives are overwhelming. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
Galaki said:
Cross-X said:

reduced the gap to 4 Mil

Didn't it start out at 5M?

Nope. 6.65m according to VGC.

and only after a year the gap went down from 8M to 4M.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

"DFC is basing this on a number of huge exclusive titles in 2011 such as Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, and SOCOM 4. The release of Gran Turismo 5 may also prove to be a motivator for some gamers to buy new PS3 systems."

strange way to word it - GT5 might still go on to outsell all of those put together...and push more hardware

just imo though

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Depends when each console gets its respective Pricecut.

Jadedx said:

Wont happen.

You want to bet on that?!? I don't D:

Around the Network
Jadedx said:

Wont happen.

I'm suprised you think so. PS3 is already outselling the 360 time from launch.

might happen if we see a surprise price cut to 199 from sony at e3?

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Also, this just in: PSP will surpass DS next year.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

greenmedic88 said:
Galaki said:
Cross-X said:

reduced the gap to 4 Mil

Didn't it start out at 5M?

Nope. 6.65m according to VGC.

I got closer to 5 or 5.5 not 6.5. I could be wrong here is the data I used

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons[]=PS3&cons[]=X360&reg[]=Total&start=38662&end=39040

Console PS3 X360
Total

Cross-X said:

Is DFC creditable? Like I don't know much about Analysts and for all I know this one could be spurting out shit.

Anyway isn't it amazing how a console back in 2006 with an abysmal launch and no games has reduced the gap to 4 Mil?

I don't believe the PS3 can take over X360 in 2011 but 2012 would be a much better guess. Regardless of when, it could overtake or it will not but if it was to, 2012 would be about right.

THe only amazing things this gen is the outstanding rise of Nintendo, the expanding Xbox 360 and the deep fall of the PS3 to last place for more than 5 years now.

When this gen started, nobody would have expected that the Wii is kicking butt. 60 million Xbox 360s (lifetime) was foolish as well. PS3 being last was ban-worthy in late 2006.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...