By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: VGChartz uses "polling based methods" to track sales

Nomad Blue said:
Jordahn said:

So we are to NOT believe VGChartz's numbers, but we are to believe that is costs less than $60 to make one Kinect unit?

Nope.  The cost of the Kinect parts was said to be <$60, but that doesn't mean the cost of one Kinect unit <$60.

Okay...

So we are to NOT believe VGChartz's numbers, but we are to believe that it costs less than $60 for the parts of one Kinect unit?

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network

I can see the 360 being undertrack from now on by vgchartz :)

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Well when they release their sales numbers and they are proved to be completely different I will take their word on it.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Well when they release their sales numbers and they are proved to be completely different I will take their word on it.

/thread

Squilliam said:

I'll laugh my ass off if the numbers correspond well.

Around the Network

So this wasn't any official comment? It is just a "source" at MS responding to a question from the creator of the forum post you linked to? Don't see what the fuss is about.

So we shouldn't even listen to NPD who do polling?  So all those press releases from MS when NPD releases their numbers are a sham? :O

To everyone talking shit at this announcement, just wait and we will see.  Either MS will be eating the crow or you will be one?  I for one think the numbers must be seriously fucked or they wouldn't comment about them so I will wait and see and possibly be wrong too.  I guess time will tell, but I will take their numbers over anyone elses, because instead of dozens or hundreds (at best) of polling they have thousands and tens of thousands....  

Long story short, wait and see.....

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

jarrod said:
Kasz216 said:

Er... considering that NPD and their internal trackers are also just polling retailers... I fail to see the difference.

Outside of sample size anyway.

NPD also includes consumer side tracking (ie: polling) in their methodology.  In fact, that's specifically how they cover Wal-mart and Sam's Club.

Hell, NPD had a registered polling base of 1.8m.  They tout it on their site even.

And this has just become a great cause for humor.

Still waiting to see what NPD has to say so MS can stop this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

why don't they at least wait until the numbers come out from NPD etc to say this bs?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!