By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo trying to figure out ehy Metroid Other M didn't sell

It sold worse than the Prime series because it is worse. Not exactly rocket science.

Around the Network

I was not able to buy this game as its still extremely expensive £37.99 ($60) and im not old enought to but the game as it's a 16.There was some advertising but i thought the adverts were kind off bad as they were about 15 seconds long with Samus walking down a corridor.

But I think the game will eventually sell a million,we all know wii games have quite good legs especially Nintendo Games.

its still €50 here where i live, dont think its worth it, but then  again i only buy games when they reach €25

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Maybe Metroid fans can get the treatment Earthbound fans get... no no thats just spiteful of me... unless that means Earthbound becomes their new potential poster child >:D 

What's Earthbound? Is that the one that was never released but still got a Japan-only sequel?

CrankyStroming said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Maybe Metroid fans can get the treatment Earthbound fans get... no no thats just spiteful of me... unless that means Earthbound becomes their new potential poster child >:D 

What's Earthbound? Is that the one that was never released but still got a Japan-only sequel?

The second game hit the states just not in Europe, Mother 3 released in 2006 in Japan on the GBA by the time it hit the states it would have been 2007 3 years into the DS' life cycle which meant retailers mostly stopped stocking new GBA titles so it would have been sent out to die sadly

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Metroid Prime fans sabotaged it!

Well really I guess the word of mouth and it being so different didn't help...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It's all thanks to Rol and his "Ignore Suit Powers. Obey Men" Avatar...

I only ever saw one TV advert for it in the UK - that's not a strong marketing campaign for the world's third or fourth biggest video games market.

Maybe it's that the game just isn't as good as the Prime series.

Maybe the old school gameplay isn't as popular as vocal Metroid fans would have us believe.

Maybe the competition and recession this year meant it lost out.

Maybe it's a mix of all of the above.

alfredofroylan said:

...as some fans complained, that series heroine Samus Aran seemed to have transformed from the quiet bounty-hunter bad-ass she had been in previous games to a subservient and insecure writer of space diaries?

But Samus, some people just couldn't stand how she was portrayed and complained about it here in Kotaku's comments as well as in reviews in other outlets.

If I'm not mistaken, those mean the same, right?

Well, I'm one of those fans who didn't like that change Aran had. Simple as that.

Sorry for bad English.