By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo trying to figure out ehy Metroid Other M didn't sell

Honestly, what killed it for me was seeing the Ridely clip online, but NOT Samus's freakout. No, the tipping point was right before that.

Badasses do not gasp like that. It was stupid seeing characters do it in otherwise excellent shows like Gargoyles and Batman the Animated Series, and it's stupid here.

I had trepidations already, but seeing that the writers were going for such hack characterization made me realize they were not going to do her justice. Seeing the other cut scenes just confirmed that for me (listen to her monologes and then watch some clips from the Twilight movies, she and Bella talk the same way).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

itll get to a million eventually, itll just a take a lot longer then Ninty thought...

I saw no TV ads in my country. Apart from that, Metroid franchise is losing its strength related to sales, Nintendo should give Samus a rest the same way they did with Donkey Kong.

"getting close to half a million" copies sold in the U.S. That's no flop, but it's also not a blockbuster"

MOM is undertracked in the US confirmed ?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

That's what you get for taking the game from Retro Studios, going back to third person and making Samus a crybaby!

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

Honestly, what killed it for me was seeing the Ridely clip online, but NOT Samus's freakout. No, the tipping point was right before that.

Badasses do not gasp like that. It was stupid seeing characters do it in otherwise excellent shows like Gargoyles and Batman the Animated Series, and it's stupid here.

I had trepidations already, but seeing that the writers were going for such hack characterization made me realize they were not going to do her justice. Seeing the other cut scenes just confirmed that for me (listen to her monologes and then watch some clips from the Twilight movies, she and Bella talk the same way).

This. Samus up until very recently was basically the only badass female character that didn't have any bullshit attached to her. She went in, did her job, and got the hell out. No bullshit no nothing, and always worked alone. She was literally the Gordon Freeman of consoles, which is amazing praise. Then Other M came to be and it ocmpletely turned me off on the entire concept. That and the unlock system and how simple it was thoroughly broke the game for me and I made sure no one I knew spent their money on this Metroid.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

It was not the Metroid I was expecting, but liked it very much. Liked the graphics, gameplay, story. It has its flaws, but the biggest one for me was the lack of music. Other than that, a very good game, a diferent Metroid experience but one of the best games on Wii.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

People dont like different things, I applaud that Ninty try to do something different instead of just giving us another FP Metroid. and what is this crap about "no ads" if your posting on this site your a core gamer, core gamers dont need commercials to know when something is coming out, thats what internet is for

Not childish enough.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

--OkeyDokey-- said:

It sold worse than the Prime series because it is worse. Not exactly rocket science.

I guess that also holds true for NSMB vs Galaxy.