By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official October 2010 NPD Thread (Data in 2.5 hours covers Oct 4-30)

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

blame the pre-order numbers.

I fail to see what they have to do with this.

you expected 2 million, it shouldnt meaen a thing. 

Again, what has that got to do with any of this?

it's beyond overtracked, it actually sold less than FABLE 2 .

fable 2 = 790k first month

So what?!! I already said it could be overtracked 130k, not even 1/3 let alone 1/4.

"So what?"

Molyneux wanted it to sell 5 million. That is the point.

The series doesn't seem to be expanding.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Those NPD figures Gamasutra cites for October 2009 are off - they didn't include accessories in that total. The drop is more severe when you include accessories. You can see in their own damn article from 2009 that they didn't include Accessory figures for October 2009: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26063

But for some reason they included accessory figures in 2010 and forgot to mention that they aren't comparing the right set of data. Idiots.

Moreover, Gamasutra doesnt even read its own articles regarding hw sales, note the different Oct 2009 totals for hw given today and back in 2009:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/31493/NPD_Results_October_2010_Industry_Dips_4_Percent_On_Slow_Hardware_Sales.php (wrong total overall, wrong 2009 HW total)

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26063

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

blame the pre-order numbers.

I fail to see what they have to do with this.

you expected 2 million, it shouldnt meaen a thing. 

Again, what has that got to do with any of this?

it's beyond overtracked, it actually sold less than FABLE 2 .

fable 2 = 790k first month

So what?!! I already said it could be overtracked 130k, not even 1/3 let alone 1/4.

"So what?"

Don't butt into a convo you're not following correctly. We're talking about how much Fable III is overtracked, not how much pre orders were (well until psrock for SOME reason brought that up) or what peter wants out of the franchise.

My "So what" was to psrock bringing up irrelevance.

NPD became so  boring without numbers... I like numbers.

Nothing about Nintendo, Sony and others games???

TheSource said:

Those NPD figures Gamasutra cites for October 2009 are off - they didn't include accessories in that total. The drop is more severe when you include accessories. You can see in their own damn article from 2009 that they didn't include Accessory figures for October 2009: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26063

But for some reason they included accessory figures in 2010 and forgot to mention that they aren't comparing the right set of data. Idiots.

There's a perfectly logical reason for that though, and you know what it is.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:

"So what?"

Don't butt into a convo you're not following correctly. We're talking about how much Fable III is overtracked, not how much pre orders were (well until psrock for SOME reason brought that up) or what peter wants out of the franchise.

Sorry, didn't realize I needed your permission to post in this thread. Want to have a conversation? Well, then cut attack bullshit and respond to the valid point brought up.

PSRock's point is that Fable 3 is overtracked and due to that the game is in fact tracking below what Fable 2 was tracking at the same point in it's lifetime. Peter Molyneux wanted to series to expand before putting it on hold and according to this data it has not.

These kinds of discussions are what arises from NPD sales figures.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Although we don't have specific numbers for it yet in Fable 3's defense F3 was available for 1 week in this data. F2 was available for 2 weeks in October 2008.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

@Seece

How much do you think it might be overtracked by?

WHile I originally said 500k to 666k, I think it is within the 600k-650k region.

Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:

"So what?"

Sorry, didn't realize I needed your permission to post in this thread. 

PSRock's point is that Fable 3 is overtracked and due to that the game is in fact tracking below what Fable 2 was tracking at the same point in it's lifetime. Peter Molyneux wanted to series to expand before putting it on hold and according to this data it has not.

These kinds of discussions are what arises from NPD sales figures.

Don't need my permission at all, but I see no point in coming up with some scatty remark when you're not following the convo correctly (like psrock)

I don't care what psrock's point is, all he is saying is "ZOMG MASSIVELY OVERTRACKED" I actually looked at the numbers and said it could be 130k overtracked from 815k we had, or possibly more, thus, not 1/3 or 1/2 or even massively.

You're perfectly fine to have your discussion about what peter molynuex wants, but don't drag points of my conversation into yours and twist them.

Acevil said:

@Seece

How much do you think it might be overtracked by?

WHile I originally said 500k to 666k, I think it is within the 600k-650k region.

Nooo idea, can't imagine we're far off so it's probably close to Fallout 360. I'm not even sure brett adjusts to NPD anymore anyway so we might never know (unless MS or lionhead disclose, which I doubt)