By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official October 2010 NPD Thread (Data in 2.5 hours covers Oct 4-30)

Err I hate NPD day now.

Tease.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:

"So what?"

Molyneux wanted it to sell 5 million. That is the point.

The series doesn't seem to be expanding.

Don't butt into a convo you're not following correctly. We're talking about how much Fable III is overtracked, not how much pre orders were (well until psrock for SOME reason brought that up) or what peter wants out of the franchise.

Sorry, didn't realize I needed your permission to post in this thread. 

PSRock's point is that Fable 3 is overtracked and due to that the game is in fact tracking below what Fable 2 was tracking at the same point in it's lifetime. Peter Molyneux wanted to series to expand before putting it on hold and according to this data it has not.

These kinds of discussions are what arises from NPD sales figures.

Don't need my permission at all, but I see no point in coming up with some scatty remark when you're not following the convo correctly (like psrock)

I don't care what psrock's point is, all he is saying is "ZOMG MASSIVELY OVERTRACKED" I actually looked at the numbers and said it could be 130k overtracked from 815k we had, or possibly more, thus, not 1/3 or 1/2 or even massively.

You're perfectly fine to have your discussion about what peter molynuex wants, but don't drag points of my conversation into yours and twist them.

He thought it was higher because The Source mentioned 900k in this thread if I am not mistaken when referring to Fable 3 sales.

Also I was following the conversation correctly. PSRock mentioned that is was tracking below Fable 2, then you said "What does that have to do with anything?", so I responded to that.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

blame the pre-order numbers.

I fail to see what they have to do with this.

you expected 2 million, it shouldnt meaen a thing. 

Again, what has that got to do with any of this?

it's beyond overtracked, it actually sold less than FABLE 2 .

fable 2 = 790k first month

So what?!! I already said it could be overtracked 130k, not even 1/3 let alone 1/4.

"So what?"

My "So what" was to psrock bringing up irrelevance.

It's very relevant as we had huge argument about Fable selling crazy numbers because the pre-orders was huge. And I always argued that as always , 360 seems to show pre-order numbers versus actaul numbers. Moreover, you made a thread about the game selling 2million first week.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:

"So what?"

Don't butt into a convo you're not following correctly. We're talking about how much Fable III is overtracked, not how much pre orders were (well until psrock for SOME reason brought that up) or what peter wants out of the franchise.

Sorry, didn't realize I needed your permission to post in this thread. 

PSRock's point is that Fable 3 is overtracked and due to that the game is in fact tracking below what Fable 2 was tracking at the same point in it's lifetime. Peter Molyneux wanted to series to expand before putting it on hold and according to this data it has not.

These kinds of discussions are what arises from NPD sales figures.

Don't need my permission at all, but I see no point in coming up with some scatty remark when you're not following the convo correctly (like psrock)

I don't care what psrock's point is, all he is saying is "ZOMG MASSIVELY OVERTRACKED" I actually looked at the numbers and said it could be 130k overtracked from 815k we had, or possibly more, thus, not 1/3 or 1/2 or even massively.

You're perfectly fine to have your discussion about what peter molynuex wants, but don't drag points of my conversation into yours and twist them.

He thought it was higher because The Source mentioned 900k in this thread if I am not mistaken when referring to Fable 3 sales.

Sorry that was my bad. Originally I thought it sold above 900k due to a post a saw earlier and made incorrect assumption using fractions. I really meant 500k-666k.

Fallout: New Vegas (360 PS3; CE std) -- 1.01MM
Fable III (CE std) -- 580K
Just Dance 2 -- 286K

Numbers are real, unable to comment further. And this is not a policy shift re: leaks, so don't get any ideas.

Around the Network

Just Dance 2 -- 286K

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24425016&postcount=263

Sh1nn said:

Just Dance 2 -- 286K

Well now we know. All I can say is DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN!

psrock said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:

"So what?"

My "So what" was to psrock bringing up irrelevance.

It's very relevant as we had huge argument about Fable selling crazy numbers because the pre-orders was huge. And I always argued that as always , 360 seems to show pre-order numbers versus actaul numbers. Moreover, you made a thread about the game selling 2million first week.

You do realise pre orders arnt sales figures right? I mean I need to clarify, you understand this fact right?

We had Fable III at 815k, it could be undertracked 130k - more going by NPD, so you saying majorly overtracked from this 2 mill figure thread I made, 1 mill pre order numberrs, or wherever .. is just stupid.

LeandroBaffa said:

Just Dance 2 -- 286K

Numbers are real, unable to comment further. And this is not a policy shift re: leaks, so don't get any ideas.

If that's the 7th best-selling title for the month, and the rest of the list is composed of multi-platforms...holy crap!

Seece said:

You do realise pre orders arnt sales figures right? I mean I need to clarify, you understand this fact right?

We had Fable III at 815k, it could be undertracked 130k - more going by NPD, so you saying majorly overtracked from this 2 mill figure thread I made, 1 mill pre order numberrs, or wherever .. is just stupid.

Christ dude, stop taking this so personally.  You're coming off as way too hostile for anyone's good.