By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3: Level up cap! $%^&!

What the hells the point in playing the damn game if I can't level up, it's a freaking RPG!

So I decided to play Fallout 3 again (the last time I played it I ended up losing a saved file that had over 40 hours into it and the most recent save file I had has 20 hours so I got discouraged and stopped playing it) and I got pretty far in it, I already beat the game so I was mostly playing just to do the side quest and get some trophies, but yesterday I ran into a problem, I got to level 20.

So I'm playing the game and I start the realize I'm not getting any experience points?! so I figure it's a glitch like the millions of glitches that's in the game. So anyway it doesn't go away and I look it up on the internet and I figure out there's a cap at level 20!? 

What the hell were they thinking? I really have no purpose to play the game now which sucks because it was getting really fun again, I know that one of the downloaded content games brings the cap up to 30 but still I'm not paying for that just so I can level up 10 more levels. Bullshit.

Around the Network

Agreed. It's bloody annoying.

But the dlc broken steel raises the level cap to 30. apparantly.

And in new vegas it's 30 from the start.

Still. 30 is too little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

download the dlc, if you like fallout 3 you will love the dlc also, plus it simply extends everything. I do understand that the level cap is really low. But even if, you can still get killed out there and looting is what makes it funz for me.

when I reached the level cap I just aimed for finishing all the quests. When I did that I just tried to kill every npc in the game that weren't the unkillable ones.

I feel your pain. I myself cursed when i found out about the 'Level cap'.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

It's perfectly fine.

As long as you don't grind without doing a quest 20 is enough for Fallout 3, 10 more for the other DLCs and 30 in New Vegas.

Honestly I don't think the level cap is even that bad. Why must everything be high in the 90s? Mass Effect 2 was like 30.

A really low level cap really is the stupidest thing ever in an RPG.  At least New Vegas has a level cap of 30 which is still too low but its much better than 20.

thats why i cant play WRPGs the level cap is so small after years of final fantasy's where the level stops at 99 its to much of a step back for me

Honestly, you actually have to get to lvl 30 first. It's not as easy as it sounds. Gaining lvls in WRPGs is way harder than in JRPGs. I'm playing New Vegas for 20 hours now and I barely reached lvl 10.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.