By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dance Central no pissible on wii or move!

Edit: I meant possible in the title

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41586/Dance-Central-not-possible-on-MoveWii

With its ability to track the movement of 20 limbs, Kinect is well-suited to Dance Central and its hundreds of dance moves.

In an interview with MCV, Harmonix says embracing Microsoft’s motion accessory rather than PlayStation Move or Wii was an easy choice.

“Kinect was a no-brainer because you don’t have to hold anything close to your body,” the game's project director Kasson Crooker stated.

“If Kinect didn’t work, we would never have made this game. The other motion controllers out there are really cool but they yield different experiences. For us, we’re just totally focused on Kinect.”

Microsoft also provided assistance with development.
Lead designer Dean Tate adds: “Microsoft tested the game with tons of people, and that was absolutely crucial to the development process.”

Go 360! Kinect comes tomorrow, the 360 will get a giant boost

Around the Network

hhmm, i'm missing the words "not possible" in the interview

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Well he said he choose kinect because the other controllers "Offered a different experience". he means its not well suited for dance central i think

It's obviously possible to make a PS Move or Wii version of Dance Central but because you hold no controller and the fact that Kinect tracks your entire body for the dance moves, that alone is why the devs chose Kinect. What they mean is the experience you get from Kinect's Dancing Games is not possible for Move or Wii.

And that's pretty much a very reasonable answer because pretty sure for dancing you don't go around holding stuff while properly dancing (other than a mic for artists of course. I'm talking casual party dance moves).

Sometime around E3, I seem to recall Harmonix saying they were looking into bringing Dance central to move because it was possible.

Around the Network

http://kotaku.com/5569957/harmonix-dance-central-could-come-to-ps3-but-not-wii

They say they think it's possible, not that it is.

This doesn't surprise me though. But seriously... Who cares? It's a dance game...

shuraiya said:

Sometime around E3, I seem to recall Harmonix saying they were looking into bringing Dance central to move because it was possible.

Yeah..I saw this too...

but its not pissible on Move or Wii

I regularly piss on my Move controller, so you're quite wrong.

Anything's pissable I say.  Actually, previously they said it probably was pissable on Move but Wii seems a definate no-no - although I guess Wii already has a proven dance title.

With Singstar Dance coming for PS3 it's all a bit irrelevant I think.  All three platforms will have a good IP dance title, and I doubt whether the person dancing actually cares much about the input approach, so really it's going to end up a draw in some ways.

If I was them, given PS3/Wii have titles already I'd focus on 360 anyway at this point, better controller or not simply due to lack of competition.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

toastboy44562 said:

Well he said he choose kinect because the other controllers "Offered a different experience". he means its not well suited for dance central i think

Not well suited and not possible are two different things.

Either way, I don't care. I didn't buy Just Dance 1/2 and I'm not interested in Dance Central.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)