By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dance Central no pissible on wii or move!

Yeah, it's totally true, the other system's dancing experience throw needless things in like split screen.

I'm a diva. I don't want people crowding my stage except my backup dancers.

Around the Network

@OP:

I'm quite sure it's pissible also on Move and Wii, but as with them you have the hands occupied by the controllers, you can't control the jet direction and you risk pissing on your trousers and shoes too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Yakuzaice said:
justinian said:

I have seen demos of crappy web cams doing full motion tracking and I think the PS eye is a level above crappy.

No one is claiming that PSeye is anywhere near as good as kinect for this type of dance "game" so from that point of view it may not be pissible for the EXACT x360 game to work on the PS3. Maybe PSeye can't track 20 limbs at the same time but maybe it can track 19:).

Surely the PS3 PSeye can handle a cut down version of the game with maybe 8 or 12 limbs instead of 20.

It doesn't really need to anyway.  Pretty sure Dance Central only scores one person at a time, anyone else is just seen as an outline by the camera.  Plus the way DC works by just scoring your moves rather than representing it on screen is perfect for hiding any flaws.  Just showing the silhouette avoids any bottom of an avatar's shoe type situations.

A lot of people seem to forget that the Eyetoy existed before the move controllers.  I don't know why some people are acting like nothing but Kinect can do motion tracking.  Odds are it does a better job, but that doesn't mean other devices aren't workable.

it shows your exact outline from what kinect sees in the bottom right hand of the screen. Not the avatar, but on the bottom right you will see what i am talking about.

Metallicube said:
Antabus said:
Metallicube said:

OH NOES! You mean I won't be able to play the amazing Dance Central on my Wii!? How will I cope?? Oh well..

*goes back to playing NSMB Wii

Didn't you promise to leave these forums or something?

No, wasn't a promise. Just exercised the idea. And really it would only be the sales section of the site, seeing that Sony would win every week because of all the extra markets the PS3 is in, and all the surprise is taken out of the sales.

Something tells me you wouldn't mind if I did though :P

You really care that much about the sales on a personal level? There has been no surprise in the sales from late 2006 up until April/May of this year, the Wii owned the market yet you never mentioned leaving because the surprise was taken out of the numbers... Do you honestly hate HD consoles and especially the PS3 (essentially just a plastic lump with computer components) that much? Does the AMD/Intel war also frustrate you to this point? I can't understand how people can think like this.

PS: Please stop whining about the PS3 being available in more markets; it is simply a consequence of having a good distribution model from the past two generations and the fact that Sony own a lot of different hardware divisions making all sorts of products that are available all over the world and have been for quite some time. MS and Nintendo fail to distribute and market their products outside of current markets = Sony are somehow cheating. Come on, dude. You used to be an intelligent, reflected member on this site whose posts I thoroughly enjoyed reading, now you just seem like a very bitter man.