By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN:The Fight: Lights Out Review (HORRID!!!)

well now i'm down to 7 games for move.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
saicho said:
zgamer5 said:
saicho said:
Ajescent said:
geddesmond2 said:
Ajescent said:
geddesmond2 said:

Lol as someone who used to do boxing this game was my deciding factor on getting the Move controller. Looks like my decision is made. LMAO 3/10, I have never seen a game get that before Lol.

wait for more reviews.

If the game got a 6 or 7 then maybe I'd wait for more reviews but 3/10 is really bad. I don't usually go by reviews when it comes to games but if a game gets a score like that then it must be crap.

Not necessarily, There was a magazine that gave FF13 4/10...oh wait...

No I'm kidding, ff13 was bad but wasn't that bad, I maintain it's best to look at more than one review to get a better picture, even if it got 10/10, I would have said wait for more reviews, maybe this guy who reviewed it didn't have a clue what he was doing, or hates motion control or whatever (again I stress I would say the same thing if it was the other way around.)

Also, most previews have been praising the 1:1 ness of the game and imersion, so what the hell happened? I'm waiting for others like GT to see what they have to say.

Videogamer gave it 5/10. It also says the controls lack of responsiveness.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/motion_fighter/review.html

Maybe he didn't know what he was doing either. Or the control is actually shit.

if you read the review he said that it only played it for half an hour. wow really.

I'm not sure how the responsiveness of the control correlates to the length of the playing time. The longer you play the more responsive the control becomes?

not really, but 30 minutes isnt enough to be good at the game. for me mario kart wheel controls are terrible. in reality theyr not that bad and i just suck at it, and i played over 40 hours of that game.

how is responsiveness of the control related to being good at the game? Responsiveness of the control should be universal regardless how skilled a player is. Are you suggesting the better you are with the game the more responsive the control becomes?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

steverhcp02 said:

This game has always looked awful and slow from videos. I never understood why people expected such vast changes from demos at E3 and TGS.

A 3 is harsh but its needed if the games shit.

Yea that's what I've thought of it for awhile.  I think it was really only hyped up just for that potential to be good, but the developers had to get it there first.  Judging from everything else I've seen before this, it looks like they never got close to getting there.  Similar things happened with Wii at the start, where the potential to get something great generated the hype but the developers just didn't get there.  Biggest example of that was always Red Steel.  Great idea on paper, and realistically Wii could handle it, but doesn't mean the game ever got there.  

I agree with other sentiments, that like back with the Wii, it doesn't make the control setup bad.  Move is a fantastic device that can truly do great things.  Just once again, it's not going to magically happen because they are using the Move controller.  Takes a developer who not only puts the time and effort into it, but also has the capabilities to make use of it effectively.  Like Wii, these things usually didn't happen early on but later in the life cycle.  Just because Move is similar to Wii and devs are more accustomed to motion gaming, doesn't mean they'll get it right the first time... hell or even get it close to right.  Learning curve as always and we'll see where devs take it.  

saicho said:
zgamer5 said:
saicho said:
zgamer5 said:
saicho said:
Ajescent said:
geddesmond2 said:
Ajescent said:
geddesmond2 said:

Lol as someone who used to do boxing this game was my deciding factor on getting the Move controller. Looks like my decision is made. LMAO 3/10, I have never seen a game get that before Lol.

wait for more reviews.

If the game got a 6 or 7 then maybe I'd wait for more reviews but 3/10 is really bad. I don't usually go by reviews when it comes to games but if a game gets a score like that then it must be crap.

No I'm kidding, ff13 was bad but wasn't that bad, I maintain it's best to look at more than one review to get a better picture, even if it got 10/10, I would have said wait for more reviews, maybe this guy who reviewed it didn't have a clue what he was doing, or hates motion control or whatever (again I stress I would say the same thing if it was the other way around.)

Also, most previews have been praising the 1:1 ness of the game and imersion, so what the hell happened? I'm waiting for others like GT to see what they have to say.

if you read the review he said that it only played it for half an hour. wow really.

I'm not sure how the responsiveness of the control correlates to the length of the playing time. The longer you play the more responsive the control becomes?

not really, but 30 minutes isnt enough to be good at the game. for me mario kart wheel controls are terrible. in reality theyr not that bad and i just suck at it, and i played over 40 hours of that game.

how is responsiveness of the control related to being good at the game? Responsiveness of the control should be universal regardless how skilled a player is. Are you suggesting the better you are with the game the more responsive the control becomes?

no, all im saying is 30 minutes isnt enough to review a game. and that being good at the game can help you understand how bad/good the responsiveness of the controls are. i gave my mario kart example.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

saicho said:
zgamer5 said:
saicho said:
zgamer5 said:
saicho said:
Ajescent said:
geddesmond2 said:
Ajescent said:
geddesmond2 said:

wait for more reviews.

I think - could be wrong - what he's really saying is that the game requires a level of skill that 30 minutes wouldn't give you.

The responsiveness would indeed by the same whatever, so that's the only interpretation that makes sense for me - I think he's saying the title isn't casual enough to just pick up and play like a master, that you have to invest time.

Just how I read it.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

I'll wait for Joystiq review and 1up to determine the purchase....hope this is a usual case of IGNorance

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Reasonable said:

The responsiveness would indeed by the same whatever, so that's the only interpretation that makes sense for me - I think he's saying the title isn't casual enough to just pick up and play like a master, that you have to invest time.

That's one way to look at it. Another would be that it's frustrating for a novice. Some people here might not care, but it's important for someone who is new to the move to have a good experience. If the first game they buy is frustrating, that will give a negative impression for the platform, even if it is unfair.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

WOW ...

I never though it would've gotten something that low. Although, I want to see the Metacritic of this game before I decide to get the PS Move or not.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I'm pretending to be surprised that this game sucks.

Love and tolerate.

Wooow...thats pretty bad :/

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.