By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN:The Fight: Lights Out Review (HORRID!!!)

Galaki said:

IGN track record aren't all shiny but it seems people are trying very hard to discredit it with another "review".

Why bother with reviews at all if you're going to pick and choose?

I don't mind the review,  I mind the half-***** nature in which it was put together.  It seemed like he wrote it in 15 minutes on his Lunch break.  It just seemed hurried, rushed and like he hadn't played much of the game.  Which is why the review I think is probably lower than the game deserves.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
saicho said:
Ajescent said:
geddesmond2 said:
Ajescent said:
geddesmond2 said:

Lol as someone who used to do boxing this game was my deciding factor on getting the Move controller. Looks like my decision is made. LMAO 3/10, I have never seen a game get that before Lol.

wait for more reviews.

If the game got a 6 or 7 then maybe I'd wait for more reviews but 3/10 is really bad. I don't usually go by reviews when it comes to games but if a game gets a score like that then it must be crap.

Not necessarily, There was a magazine that gave FF13 4/10...oh wait...

No I'm kidding, ff13 was bad but wasn't that bad, I maintain it's best to look at more than one review to get a better picture, even if it got 10/10, I would have said wait for more reviews, maybe this guy who reviewed it didn't have a clue what he was doing, or hates motion control or whatever (again I stress I would say the same thing if it was the other way around.)

Also, most previews have been praising the 1:1 ness of the game and imersion, so what the hell happened? I'm waiting for others like GT to see what they have to say.

Videogamer gave it 5/10. It also says the controls lack of responsiveness.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/motion_fighter/review.html

Maybe he didn't know what he was doing either. Or the control is actually shit.

if you read the review he said that it only played it for half an hour. wow really.

He never said that.  He said after half and hour he was already tired.

Near the end he said he played it for 2 days.

I've played The Fight at PlayStation BetaRooms and it was great - waiting for review copy to drop so I can get thoughts on the final release version, but from my experience so far it much more of a 7/8 out of 10 than IGN (is that a kinect in your pocket or are you just pleased to see Microsoft?)'s 3 /10 !?

Whilst this is IGN, and they've been known for some truly stupid reviews from time to time, I've had reservations about this game for a while. The videos I've seen make the punches look slow and cumbersome, but I figured that was down to someone playing it who didn't really know what they were doing. Will have to wait for other reviews, but if they're similar to IGN's then obviously that isn't the case.

VGChartz

Eurogamer gave it a 5/10 too. Personally i tend to agree with them as they know the tech side of games, they test them a lot.

In the review they say that you have to stand still and not move from the same spot or it won't work. Anyone who does boxing like me will tell you standing with your feet stuck to the ground is hard and un-natural. And while they list a lot of the reasons why it doesn't work they say "it's all down to the lack of sensory feedback". Which i guess means they are talking about the camera?

Still waiting for that one killer Move title that makes me want to get it then.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

Eurogamer gave it a 5/10 too. Personally i tend to agree with them as they know the tech side of games, they test them a lot.

In the review they say that you have to stand still and not move from the same spot or it won't work. And while they list a lot of the reasons why it doesn't work they say "it's all down to the lack of sensory feedback". Which i guess means they are talking about the camera?

As of now, I strongly believe Sorcery has the best chance to be a AAA title for Move.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Hmm I wonder why Sony so badly overprices those move titles.

This, Kung Fu rider, superstars or start the part should have been $10-15 downloadable PSN games or they should have been bundled with wands as $10 games in the way Wii Play is.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Hyruken said:

In the review they say that you have to stand still and not move from the same spot or it won't work. Anyone who does boxing like me will tell you standing with your feet stuck to the ground is hard and un-natural. And while they list a lot of the reasons why it doesn't work they say "it's all down to the lack of sensory feedback". Which i guess means they are talking about the camera?

To the bolded: I think they're talking about the obvious lack of tactile feedback. As in: you're throwing fast and strong punches, but feel disconnected because you're basically flailing in mid-air and not against a real target.

Which is also the doubt I've always had about 1:1 weapon controls in adventure games, as you basically lose any variation in weight and inertia and thus the whole combat mechanic has to be flattened around light weapons..

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Zlejedi said:

This, Kung Fu rider, superstars or start the part should have been $10-15 downloadable PSN games or they should have been bundled with wands as $10 games in the way Wii Play is.

Sport's Champions seems okay for the price I think, but everything else so far either feels like it should be cheaper or bundled up together more.

I think Sony rushed to market a bit with the titles, myself.  The tech feels solid - that doesn't seem rushed - but outside of Sports Champions and Tumble, most titles I've tried the demo on feel like they aren't quite finished.

While people tend to focus on the tech it's really the software that seals the deal - and I don't just mean good games, I mean despite the Move tech working fine the software itself may still have issues with how well it handles the input data, how robust it is at handling the player doing stuff other than what the developers expect.  For example I'm surprised with The Fight how reviews already seem to be in agreement with issues with the title handling where you stand.  That's a software issue, not tech, and it implies a bit of rushing to me.

Mind you, given MS clearly rushed to get the 360 out before the PS3 I suppose I can hardly blame Sony for wanting to be first out of the gate with Move vs Kinect.

I should also note this is a general problem with all motion control titles I've tried (or own).  It's always possible to screw up the input, so a lot rides on how well the developers have coded the game to handle this.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
Zlejedi said:

Sport's Champions seems okay for the price I think, but everything else so far either feels like it should be cheaper or bundled up together more.

I think Sony rushed to market a bit with the titles, myself.  The tech feels solid - that doesn't seem rushed - but outside of Sports Champions and Tumble, most titles I've tried the demo on feel like they aren't quite finished.

While people tend to focus on the tech it's really the software that seals the deal - and I don't just mean good games, I mean despite the Move tech working fine the software itself may still have issues with how well it handles the input data, how robust it is at handling the player doing stuff other than what the developers expect.  For example I'm surprised with The Fight how reviews already seem to be in agreement with issues with the title handling where you stand.  That's a software issue, not tech, and it implies a bit of rushing to me.

Mind you, given MS clearly rushed to get the 360 out before the PS3 I suppose I can hardly blame Sony for wanting to be first out of the gate with Move vs Kinect.

I should also note this is a general problem with all motion control titles I've tried (or own).  It's always possible to screw up the input, so a lot rides on how well the developers have coded the game to handle this.

Yeah champions are worthwille. But i'm not sure if lack of value is just a matter of rushing those games. I belive that with a game like Fight or Kung Fu Rider there's simply not enough essence in the gameplay they offer to make them big full games that we spend hours playing.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB