By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN:The Fight: Lights Out Review (HORRID!!!)

Hey, I warned of this from the demos and everyone made fun of me! It was always "It's only X % done, they'll fix it". Now what?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2010/11/fight-lights-out-video.html

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Zlejedi said:
Reasonable said:
Zlejedi said:

Hmm I wonder why Sony so badly overprices those move titles.

This, Kung Fu rider, superstars or start the part should have been $10-15 downloadable PSN games or they should have been bundled with wands as $10 games in the way Wii Play is.

Sport's Champions seems okay for the price I think, but everything else so far either feels like it should be cheaper or bundled up together more.

I think Sony rushed to market a bit with the titles, myself.  The tech feels solid - that doesn't seem rushed - but outside of Sports Champions and Tumble, most titles I've tried the demo on feel like they aren't quite finished.

While people tend to focus on the tech it's really the software that seals the deal - and I don't just mean good games, I mean despite the Move tech working fine the software itself may still have issues with how well it handles the input data, how robust it is at handling the player doing stuff other than what the developers expect.  For example I'm surprised with The Fight how reviews already seem to be in agreement with issues with the title handling where you stand.  That's a software issue, not tech, and it implies a bit of rushing to me.

Mind you, given MS clearly rushed to get the 360 out before the PS3 I suppose I can hardly blame Sony for wanting to be first out of the gate with Move vs Kinect.

I should also note this is a general problem with all motion control titles I've tried (or own).  It's always possible to screw up the input, so a lot rides on how well the developers have coded the game to handle this.

Yeah champions are worthwille. But i'm not sure if lack of value is just a matter of rushing those games. I belive that with a game like Fight or Kung Fu Rider there's simply not enough essence in the gameplay they offer to make them big full games that we spend hours playing.

Agreed.  I meant to imply that as well.  Kung Fu Rider and The Shoot should either be PSN titles at lower cost or both together as a single purchase.

Champions is the only title I've seen that feels like a full fledged title thus far.  Everything else from the demos/reviews seems like a PSN release or titles that should be a lot cheaper or bundled together onto one disk.

I know they're cheaper than a full price game already, but even so I'd put SC as the benchmark for that price point and the others don't come close.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

IGN vs fanboys

Around the Network

On the positive side, it might beat Kung Fu Rider.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:

On the positive side, it might beat Kung Fu Rider.

looks good for that so far even though Gamespot slammed it.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Just ordered it today from my mate that works at Sony, getting it for less than a tenner along with MAG, Sports Champions Resort and Start The Party. Should get them all in a couple of weeks. :oD