By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 can still finish in first place.

Excuse me, can I have your time machine, because it seems you have traveled back into 2007.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

NO, it won't.

This gen is nearly at the end - 2012 will dawn the new one. I expect the wii successor to be announced next year.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Extremely unlikely, yes it is possible, but it won't happen.

The possibility of PS3 or 360, having a bigger userbase then Wii in 4-5 years is certainly there. Sony and possibly Microsoft will keep selling their older console for a couple of years after new one releases. On another note, Sony never made a come back, it was simply expensive for a gaming console, the sales in relation to price always been great. Thats not what you call a come back.

Carl2291 said:

Both PS3 and 360 could get to first place eventually, depending on when Nintendo drop the Wii.

Wii could stop selling now, never move another unit, and it's more likely than not that PS3 and 360 couldn't catch it.

Around the Network
CrashDestroyer said:

N64 is going to surpass PS1 in a couple years, you'll see.

Emerging markets, something something! ;)

jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Both PS3 and 360 could get to first place eventually, depending on when Nintendo drop the Wii.

Wii could stop selling now, never move another unit, and it's more likely than not that PS3 and 360 couldn't catch it.

Both PS3 and the 360 are probably going to pass 75 Million now, with the Wii on the market. Nevermind just removing it from the picture completely.

Given Sony's marketing strategies with the PS1/2, it may be possible - because Sony will leave the PS3 on the vine long after Nintendo has moved on to its next system.  However, the victory will be a hollow one (if that) because....

1.  By the time PS3 would pass Wii, nobody will care - except those die hard fanboys so in need of affirmation that THEIR choice was correct that they crave a meaningless statistic.

2.  Nintendo has made more money NOW then Sony will make on PS3 in its lifetime*.

That is all...

*  Not counting the trojan horse blu-ray effect

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Both PS3 and the 360 are probably going to pass 75 Million now, with the Wii on the market. Nevermind just removing it from the picture completely.

Both are going to nearly double their bases?  5 years in?  I just find that hard to believe, despite the PR assurances of standard 10 year cycles (that's working out great for PSP btw) or add ons giving them an extra 5 years to try and actually make money on this whole thing...

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

I wouldn't put it past ps3, but I don't fully know if 360 is going to pass ps3. Regardless this generation was awesome for all three consoles. First, second and third!