By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Black ops will sell the most?

Which Black ops will sell the most?

360 version 202 72.40%

PS3 version 29 10.39%

Wii version 48 17.20%

Total:279
mchaza said:

PS3 has an more mixed fanbase compared to the 360 plus an large gap in the US.

A popular misconception! Aside from shooters dominating on the 360, several other genres also perform better on the 360.

Such as... WRPGs, Sports popular in America (football, basketball, boxing, UFC, wraslin'), music games (Guitar Hero, Rockband, DJ Hero).

Genres like action adventure and sandbox are a mixed bag.

The genres that always seem to perform better on PS3 are JRPG, arcade fighters, racing, and soccer. Japanese software in general performs better in Japan for obvious reasons. But Japanese games account for a small number of sales on HD consoles because they generally suck ass.

Just because a genre sells better on one console doesn't mean its ignored on the other. Both HD consoles have a diverse audience and that's why so many games are multiplat this gen. Lets leave it to that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
mchaza said:

why? because the 360 has the majority of shooter fans, and a large American base which is there genre. PS3 has an more mixed fanbase compared to the 360 plus an large gap in the US.

MS pays Activison for xbox bonus's for cod so people who own both buy it for the 360. 

the game will sell only 15-17 million. 

call of duty has pretty much proven both the ps3 and 360 fans are majority shooter fans, and FPS is the most popular "hd" genre popular in both America and Europe. Sales will be pretty close and just add another shooter to the fps twins top 5 best selling games ever.

I reckon 360. 

Amsuingly though, the Wii has more votes than the PS3 :?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

I reckon 360. 

Amusingly though, the Wii has more votes than the PS3 :?

My bet is that none of those that voted Wii have a Wii (or like the Wii).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

360 >> PS3 >>>>>>>>>>> Wii

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

360 >> PS3 >>>>>>>>>>> Wii

makes sense.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Conegamer said:

I reckon 360. 

Still amusing though. The Wii will NOT sell well, because it goes up against Activision's own Goleneye. They'll likely be advertising that as "wii exclusive" so people who go in may not even realise Black Ops is out on the Wii. Hey, Modern Warfare 2 wasn't so why should this???

Also I reckon by the end of the year it'll look a bit like this;

360- 8mil

PS3-4mil

PC-2mil

Wii-1.5mil

(Goldeneye: 1.3mil)

Conegamer said:
bmmb1 said:
Conegamer said:

I reckon 360. 

Still amusing though. The Wii will NOT sell well, because it goes up against Activision's own Goleneye. They'll likely be advertising that as "wii exclusive" so people who go in may not even realise Black Ops is out on the Wii. Hey, Modern Warfare 2 wasn't so why should this???

Especially since until this very second there has been a COMPLETE lack of information on the Wii version, except for confirmtion that it exists. But it doesn't really mater, long term it will sell its million even with no advertising, at least based on WaW and Reflex..

bmmb1 said:
Conegamer said:
bmmb1 said:
Conegamer said:

I reckon 360. 

Especially since until this very second there has been a COMPLETE lack of information on the Wii version, except for confirmtion that it exists. But it doesn't really mater, long term it will sell its million even with no advertising, at least based on WaW and Reflex..

I don't think that was sarcasm, but here's a related article;

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=20840

Seems to have struck a chord :)

Also, it can't be said that there's no information on Goldeneye, there's something new on that game every time I boot up the computer... That's a good thing, it looks good!