By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most hated man in gaming?

Most hated man in gaming?

Uwe Boll (Movie director) 22 8.73%

John Riccitiello (EAGames CEO) 4 1.59%

Jack Thompson (Anti-gaming activist) 63 25.00%

Bobby Kotick (CEO of Activision) 130 51.59%

Michael Pachter 19 7.54%

Other (Name in thread) 11 4.37%

Total:249
nofingershaha said:

Many of you know that California is currently in a position in which the ESA is fighting California's Governor over the sales of games to minors in the Supreme Court. ESA is an organization that represents the video game industry no matter what the situation is, and if they win no one benefits more than Activision. Yet Bobby Kotick withdrew their membership from ESA  a couple of years ago because its not in their "best interests".

I signed a petition at PAX, though I'm not American but they wanted my signature anyways. I thought the law only meant banning the sales of M games to minors, not all games as a whole? Or is that not the case ?

Because here in Canada most retailers already won't sell a game to a minor. I know EBGames requires ID to purchase an M rated title.

I can't see any government banning the sale of Mario to minors, man that would make Thompson look sane lol!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Muffin31190 said:

Peter Molyneux - God i Hate this guy .... he builds up his games like there god's gift to the world and the way he was backing Kinect (Natal at the time) saying, and i quote "this type of technology has never even been thought of before" WTF was he thinking, either it was just a blatent marketing trick or he's never been outside of his house. I REALLY HATE HIM.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbap-aWu-a9KMmttdGpTAjkLJRxwslrbcMbPeMwFRqoCiB4sc&t=1&usg=__XPEfcCGCZq0dWoP-b-AuOn5Ku6E=

lol, i dont think he had heard of the eye toy 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Yoichi Wada.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Shit I didn't know John Riccitiello was a hated man. What did he do?

I don't hate on Pachter but rather his most frequent analysis predictions.

Both Jack Thompson and Bobby Kotick are Tied 1st in my book.

Anti Gaming Jack Thompson should just fuck off and Bobby Kotick is the biggest dick in the gaming industry. I NEVER imagined ANYONE would suggest that they could sell Cutscenes in future... That is one the most saddest things I've ever heard in my entire life.

Ah yes Yoichi Wada is not far behind actually.

Put Uwe Boll for the lolls. But really I think Jack wins it.

Around the Network

Kotick explained the reasoning behind the lay off of the Infinity Ward founders:

'In a company when your a boss you kind of have certain perks but these guys took it to another level and you don't do that, if I had done those things I would have been fired and probably serve jail time. You don't leverage your position to force others  to do something not job related.'

Thats a paraphrase of what he said but it sums it up pretty nicely.

Okay hate away.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Kotick all the way.

Special mention: Molyneux

If anyone hates pachter over Kotick and Thompson then .... wow

SmokedHostage said:

Kotick.

All of these men are jackasses but Kotick is a special brand of jackass.  Whenever he opens his mouth, there are 1000's upon 1000's of comments about how he's killing gaming in some way, shape or form.  It takes a certain type of man to do that.

This.

Plus, Jack Thompson has lost a lot of relevance since Hot Coffee.

Muffin31190 said:

Peter Molyneux - God i Hate this guy .... he builds up his games like there god's gift to the world and the way he was backing Kinect (Natal at the time) saying, and i quote "this type of technology has never even been thought of before" WTF was he thinking, either it was just a blatent marketing trick or he's never been outside of his house. I REALLY HATE HIM.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbap-aWu-a9KMmttdGpTAjkLJRxwslrbcMbPeMwFRqoCiB4sc&t=1&usg=__XPEfcCGCZq0dWoP-b-AuOn5Ku6E=

Actually, less than a week ago, Molyneux said, that he has never made a "great" game. Like one of the comments said: "You have to respect a guy who shoots for the moon, almost gets there, and admits when he doesn't make it."

Anyhow, Bobby Kotick. 

Y'know what, scratch that. I once made the mistake of watching an Uwe Boll movie. (I think 'twas BloodRayne) It was one of the worst things ever. And not just on TV.