By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most hated man in gaming?

Most hated man in gaming?

Uwe Boll (Movie director) 22 8.73%

John Riccitiello (EAGames CEO) 4 1.59%

Jack Thompson (Anti-gaming activist) 63 25.00%

Bobby Kotick (CEO of Activision) 130 51.59%

Michael Pachter 19 7.54%

Other (Name in thread) 11 4.37%

Total:249

How can anyone hate Molyneux? He is one of the most talented developers in the world - he has every right to be arrogant. So he talks his games up a little. Is that really so bad in the face of what Jack Thompson has done and what Bobby Kotick continues to do?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Seece said:
PakChiuCheng said:

Why isnt Yoichi Wada in the poll? He should be in.

Who? What's he done wrong?

He's the current president of Square-Enix if I remember correctly.

I'm guessing Square-Enix fans are blaming him for the JRPG genre's stagnation... for one.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Uwe Boll: The guy is a coward, a manipulater, and destroyed anything he touched.  He's given video game movies more than a bad name.  But I think with recent hits like resident evil and the prince of persia, things are looking up.  I didn't vote him because i think developers have learned not to let him near their property, so he's not doing much harm anymore.

John Riccitiello: I gotta admit, I like him, i dont know what he did wrong, but i think ever since he came back and changed the company strategy, quailty at EA has has greatly improved.  Although it cost them in the short run, i think it's starting to pay off.

Jack Thompson: I never hated thompson, i pity him.  I didn't vote him because although he is a dick and has a big mouth, he's never actually done anything.  Almost every case he's ever been involved in has either been thrown out, or he failed.  He's not a threat to gaming, just a laughing stock.

Michael Pachter:  Once again, I man i don't hate, one that i just dont understand.  The guy is just an anaylst, and not a very good one at that. He predicts things, thats his job, and the only reason he gets so much press is people still pay attention to him despite his poor analytical skills

Bobby Kotick:  Id have to say Bobby Kotick; there's dogs, there's dog crap, and then there's kotick.  He is one of the richest jackasses in the world, yet he would still sell his mother to the highest bidder.  If i was pachter id predict that activision will one day go down the toilet just like guiatar hero, which makes me sad cause its not activion i hate, it's him, and he'll just walk away with his billion dollars.  The man deserves to get his throat cut.

What can I say, it makes me laugh.

Kottick, there just isn't anyone else that comes close to my hate for him in gaming.

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales

SmokedHostage said:

Kotick.

All of these men are jackasses but Kotick is a special brand of jackass.  Whenever he opens his mouth, there are 1000's upon 1000's of comments about how he's killing gaming in some way, shape or form.  It takes a certain type of man to do that.

Yeah, that and Jack Thompson doesn't have any power.  People on gaming forums laugh at Jack Thompson news.  They FEAR Kotick.

Around the Network

Kotick.  Easily.

I don't hate Wada, I pity him.  If only an Enix staffer had taken over....

Bobby Kottick....he even looks like an incredible tool.

peter molyneux, hes just annoying arrogant and i want to slap him.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Bobby. Leave Blizzard alone! :(

Kotick.

He just needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut. He's in charge of the publisher that is seemingly milking every franchise they have (which is really only Guitar Hero and Call of Duty) and even when they are successful (post Modern Warfare 2 release) they can still barely manage to make a profit. If it wasn't for Blizzard he'd be in deep shit for not making a decent profit when sales are through the roof. Thought about Jack Thompson but really he's just a complete and utter joke.

It's quite telling that John Riccitiello has had 0 votes so far. EA and their PR are doing their job.