By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most hated man in gaming?

Most hated man in gaming?

Uwe Boll (Movie director) 22 8.73%

John Riccitiello (EAGames CEO) 4 1.59%

Jack Thompson (Anti-gaming activist) 63 25.00%

Bobby Kotick (CEO of Activision) 130 51.59%

Michael Pachter 19 7.54%

Other (Name in thread) 11 4.37%

Total:249

Thompson is just above Kotick in my book. Thompson, even after disbarring, still has some influence, albeit fairly small, in the law still. The fact that he can speak with people who CAN pass laws makes him a little more scary than someone determined to ruin gaming from the inside. (If ruined internally, a few rogue companies can still survive.) I guess I'd put Wada as 3rd myself, for ruining what used to be the best 2 companies for making RPGs, and yes, leading to stagnation of the genre.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

Uwe Boll, easily

Kotick is winning!!!

Personally I'd go with Kotick but most hated man with any relation to gaming would have to be Jack Thompson. Kotick isn't trying to stomp gaming out and (at least not all of it), in any case he's really just spreading his own. Just happens to be a pretty disgusting guy the way he handles it. People also buy his games (call of duty to be more specific) so it's hard to say that he's hated unless we're mainly looking at gaming forums and people that actually follow PR. 

Jack on the other hand, is well known throughout for his anti-gaming stance and has much more exposure on the matter due to his position. In raw numbers it's probably safe to assume he's the most hated related to gaming.

Personally I'd have placed Gabe Newell over the EA guy on that pool. I mean, Gabe will bash just about anyone until they place some money on his hand. 

And my vote goes easily for Kotick, with Thompson coming second because he seems to have something to do with laws even know. All the others are hateable, but close to harmless I'd risk to say.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Personally I'd have placed Gabe Newell over the EA guy on that pool. I mean, Gabe will bash just about anyone until they place some money on his hand. 

And my vote goes easily for Kotick, with Thompson coming second because he seems to have something to do with laws even know. All the others are hateable, but close to harmless I'd risk to say.

Newell is the kind of guy that in Indiana Jones movies (and also other adventure ones) dies in a quite horrible way.

...But Skrotick too!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Mark Rein

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

All of those guys are dickheads, but I chose Kotick since he has done the most harm to the industry by far...

Jack Thompson and so should the whole of you, especially if that law about censuring video games is accepted.