By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most hated man in gaming?

Most hated man in gaming?

Uwe Boll (Movie director) 22 8.73%

John Riccitiello (EAGames CEO) 4 1.59%

Jack Thompson (Anti-gaming activist) 63 25.00%

Bobby Kotick (CEO of Activision) 130 51.59%

Michael Pachter 19 7.54%

Other (Name in thread) 11 4.37%

Total:249

After Other M, I have been seeing a lot of hate for Yoshio Sakamoto.

Around the Network

Why isnt Yoichi Wada in the poll? He should be in.

PakChiuCheng said:

Who? What's he done wrong?

Technically Jack  Thompson don't belong "in gaming". He's just an activist trying to tear down gaming from the outside.

Hence I go for Bobby Kotick, which I believe is bringing more harm and annoyance to gaming on a daily basis anyways. He views gamers as sheep to be farmed, and has the position and power to bring destructive trends from within gaming.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Jack Thompson and Pachter aren't in gaming so I will give my vote to another one who has about as much to do with gaming as them. Maelstrom!

Around the Network

Other: darthdevidem01.

Seece said:
PakChiuCheng said:

Yoichi Wada is the head of Square-Enix, often blamed for the quality of their games for the past few years (God only knows why).

I'm wondering if this poll is supposed to be a personal declaration of hate or an attempt to figure out which figure is most hated.

Khuutra said:
Seece said:
PakChiuCheng said:

Yoichi Wada is the head of Square-Enix, often blamed for the quality of their games for the past few years (God only knows why).

I'm wondering if this poll is supposed to be a personal declaration of hate or an attempt to figure out which figure is most hated.

Thanks, I don't think he deserves to be on the list, that's not even close to what Bobby has done!

Molyneux only recently started to redeem himself.

I'd *just* edge jack thompson over kotick. Mainly because the last thing jack tried to feel relevant for is fresher on my mind. I can't even remember what it was. Actually, it was something about gamers going to hell.

Uwe Boll - Well, the films would suck with or without him

John Ricciotello - He's improved a lot recently. I don't mind him at all.

Michael Pachter - He's a constant source of amusement. Yes, he's useless at predicting, but he's harmless.

Jack Thompson - Second place for me. Major dickhead. Refused to give promised money to a children's charity. Celebrated when the Taliban in Medal of Honor were renamed. Asked people to design a game in which you kill people at E3. Only reason I didn't vote for him is that he's been disbarred, so he can't do any more harm.

Bobby Kotick - And my vote goes here. He wants to take the fun out of game development, run every single one of his franchises into the ground by milking it to death, make games even more expensive than they are now... he believes that Activision is better than any other company in the world, he thinks that independent developers are stupid and talentless...the list goes on and on.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective