By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is SE favoring Microsoft a lot more this gen?

Darc Requiem said:

Is Neir really that entertaining? I've heard more than a few people say that on VGC and I have tendency to enjoy RPG's that aren't well reviewed. The Last Remnant, Too Human,  and Magna Carta 2 (which I'm playing through now) come to mind.

It's less an RPG, and more adventurey imo.  If you like Fable or Zelda, you'll probably like it.  If you played cavia's PS2 ARPGs (Dragengard 1-2) you more or less know what to expect (though Nier's less hack'n'slashy imo).... but it does have issues.

edit: I really liked Last Remnant too.  It was basically a SaGa game based off it's pedigree and dense/unforgiving nature (probably the only non-remake SaGa we'll get this gen too).

Around the Network

No, they're just trying to globalize a lot more this gen. Needless to say, they're doing it the wrong way.

I may concede that they are favoring Microsoft a lot more if Versus XIII goes multiplat. (I'm kidding, btw)

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

its quite obvious that square is favouring M$ mainly because, M$ is putting food on the table for the employees of Square

huaxiong90 said:

I may concede that they are favoring Microsoft a lot more if Versus XIII goes multiplat.

Eh, it's less favoring and more common sense.  Unless Sony moneyhats can counter the 1-2m 360 sales they'd likely get, I see no reason why it wouldn't go multi... I mean besides SE "favoring" Sony or something. ;)

jarrod said:

huaxiong90 said:

I may concede that they are favoring Microsoft a lot more if Versus XIII goes multiplat.

Eh, it's less favoring and more common sense.  Unless Sony moneyhats can counter the 1-2m 360 sales they'd likely get, I see no reason why it wouldn't go multi... I mean besides SE "favoring" Sony or something. ;)

I was kidding. Hence the " ".

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:

I guess it all started with ff13 going muliplat. And then it seems as if square is supporting microsoft a lot more in various interviews. Even in conferences i somewhat noticed this. Also it seems as if square enix is making a lot more deals with microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised if ffv13 got exclusivity for xbox 360 for a couple of months in NA if it gets annonunced multiplat. Maybe im being delusional. What do you guys think

Its called bribery my friend. Microsoft are a bunch of fuckers.

brendude13 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

I guess it all started with ff13 going muliplat. And then it seems as if square is supporting microsoft a lot more in various interviews. Even in conferences i somewhat noticed this. Also it seems as if square enix is making a lot more deals with microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised if ffv13 got exclusivity for xbox 360 for a couple of months in NA if it gets annonunced multiplat. Maybe im being delusional. What do you guys think

Its called bribery my friend. Microsoft are a bunch of fuckers.

Well, karma's a bitch.

Activision and Square Enix are both on my shit list for there most resent dissapointments so i'd say all 3 are in bed together geting there cookies wet!

MonstaMack said:

Worst port? My friends play FFXIII without any hiccups and It looked fine. If anything Mass Effect 2 made the game seem like a distant memory, I don't care what system it looked better on - it wasn't up to par with ME2's epicness.

Losing crediblity? Because they want money?

Seriously guys, does it hurt so much to see Square-Enix go multiplatform? Is it wrong for other people to get a piece of the pie? I wish people would realize console exclusivity is not the way to go unless someone is lining your pockets. A majority of exclusives are still first/second party - the third party exclusive game on consoles is getting harder and harder to come by unless It's on the PC or Handheld.

Im going to speak metaphorically here =P...

That "pie" ends taking an extra year to make, and Square Enix have to end up cutting the "pie" in half so it will fit onto Microsofts "stall". Thats quite a big sacrifice to make, the worst part is that Microsoft barely even manages to sell 1/5th of the "pies" that the PS3 sold, especially when Microsoft was unfairly bribing Square Enix for the "pies" in the first place.

Why have the "pie" cut in half and PS3 owners have to wait an extra year for that "pie" when it isn't even worth it? Especially when Microsofts stall isn't designed for "pies" its designed for "cakes (first person shooters)"...if you wanted your "pie" you should have gone to the PS3 "stall"...

^ WTF xD

@ Jarrod

Well, karma's a bitch.

...I don't understand? You are accusing SONY of bribing developers? I highly doubt it, SONY aren't exactly the ones to have money pouring out of their pockets. Neither have i seen proof or even accusations of them doing that. And even in the rarest cases  if they did bribe, at least they bribed games they knew their fanbase would actually like and they didn't steal the game / franchise from the opposition. And im sure SONY would bribe to make their console more successful, not to sabotage the opposition.

lol.  So we're back to the 360-crippled-&-delayed-FFXIII conspiracy theories.  Everyone who actually thinks that needs to go and read the GDM post-mortem.  It's illuminating to say the least... FFXIII's problem wasn't an afterthought 360 port, it was in being a HD game and Square's inability to plan for that accordingly...