By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is SE favoring Microsoft a lot more this gen?

A203D said:
loves2splooge said:
Darc Requiem said:

Wait he thinks FFXIII has 50GB of game content. The Game Content of FFXIII, 6.8GB, would fit on one DVD. The other 31.6GB was CGI. I will never understand SE's fascination with CGI. I mean in the PS1 era when 3D graphics were rudimentary, I could see the logic but given what the consoles are capable of in real time now the amount CGI required should be decreasing.

Yep the CGI-less content was only 6.8 GB. If they added real time cutscenes to replace the CGI cutscenes, it would have ended up at a bit more than 6.8 GB. So they would have had to use 2 DVDs. But they could have crammed almost the entire game on disc 1 and the end-game on disc 2. FFXIII could have been a heck of a lot less linear if they used real-time cutscenes. Square-Enix needs to get with the program. If you can make an entire game full of cutscenes without CGI (ie. Heavy Rain), then you don't need CGI for a jrpg.

Are you certain it was the CGI cutscenes, i thought the real time cutscenes contributed heavily to data storage??

Full-motion video/cutscenes take up a lot more space than actual game data.