By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

This won't lead to a ban..

Settle down you two.

Why would it, other then your insinuations no one has a problem.  You two can't stand some one calling you out on your BS can you. 

He is your buddy, maybe expalin to him how to use numbers not just cherry pick. 

I'm not "buddies" with either of you two. You guys are far too biased and unrational for me. You particularly I find insulting, bet you will return this with an insult, even though I made no arguement.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Settle down you two.

Why would it, other then your insinuations no one has a problem.  You two can't stand some one calling you out on your BS can you. 

This just doesnt make any sense to me, i mentioned how its preorders are 500,000. GT2 and GT4 didnt double its opening. Most big PS3 games like FF13, Yakuza,  MGS dont even double their opening. RE5 only doubled it because of the Gold edition and even thats not triple.

More cherry picking.  I wont even give you the benefit of a full replay, your post are not worth it. 

So ill do what you do. 

GT1 -  First week x 3.7 = final sales

GT3 - First week x 3.3 = final sales

Yea and GT4 - First week x 4.1 = LT WW sales and in the US, first week x 3.6 = LT sales. If the game opens near 2/3M haters gonna hate in 3/4 years.

Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Settle down you two.

This just doesnt make any sense to me, i mentioned how its preorders are 500,000. GT2 and GT4 didnt double its opening. Most big PS3 games like FF13, Yakuza,  MGS dont even double their opening. RE5 only doubled it because of the Gold edition and even thats not triple.

More cherry picking.  I wont even give you the benefit of a full replay, your post are not worth it. 

So ill do what you do. 

I knew it, its just fanboyish, "I wont even give you the benefit of a full replay, your post are not worth it" this just means im right in what i said and you couldnt say anything to discredit it and this

"GT1 -  First week x 3.7 = final sales

GT3 - First week x 3.3 = final sales"

Just plain doesnt make sense, i predicted Vgchartz predicts a 0.5 million opening, a predicted 0.5 million, i was right, you predicted 0.8 million you were wrong.

Its obviously not having GT1 or GT3 legs, more likely to have GT4 legs

0.5 million x 2 = Life Time sales in Japan around 1 million, could be a couple hundred thousand over or under.

You have no idea where to even begin with defending your prediction. 

4k1x3r said:
Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Settle down you two.

So ill do what you do. 

Yea and GT4 - First week x 4.1 = LT WW sales and in the US, first week x 3.6 = LT sales. If the game opens near 2/3M haters gonna hate in 3/4 years.

With Pre orders being poor for GT5 and the fact that games are more frontloaded now than in the past, GT5 could get a opening of 600-700k times that by 3.5 and US sales are looking to be anywhere from 2-2.5 million which is what i actually predicted.

Add in the 1 million for Japan and a possible 4 to 5 million for EMEAA then Worlwide if can be from 7- 9 million which is roughly what i predicted.

I said it and Ill say it again 4-6 million ww GT5 sales tops

most likely around 5

Around the Network
pezus said:
Monges79 said:

I think that people that think that GT5 will be the best selling in the franchise are forgetting something. How do you expect it to outsell all of the others when the install base of the PS3 is one third of the PS2? If you want a prime example look at FF13. Did it sell poorly? No. Did it come close to some of the FF on the PS2? Not even close. Not to mention that the 360 sold it also. They are selling FF13 for $20 this weekend, and I still doubt it will sell that many. I think that many will be surprised at the under-stellar sales that GT5 will receive.

How big was the PS2 base when GT3 launched again? ...

By the end of 2001 7 million more in 2 years than PS3 in 4 years.

GT3 was an early game so it sold well like FFX and MGS2 due to lack of competition. Same goes for why mediocre games likes Resistance and Motorstorm have sold over 3.5 million on PS3 they came out early when there where few options for PS3 owners to buy.

Thats why by the time Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 came out they disappointed because now there was GTA4, MGS4, Call of Duty etc   

GT5 is not in the same place as GT3 was.

Lyrikalstylez said:

I said it and Ill say it again 4-6 million ww GT5 sales tops

most likely around 5

just making sure its here later for the lulz.

Ginyu said:

With Pre orders being poor for GT5 and the fact that games are more frontloaded now than in the past, GT5 could get a opening of 600-700k times that by 3.5 and US sales are looking to be anywhere from 2-2.5 million which is what i actually predicted.

Add in the 1 million for Japan and a possible 4 to 5 million for EMEAA then Worlwide if can be from 7- 9 million which is roughly what i predicted.

quote for more lulz later.

Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:

You predicted 800,000 opening for Japan, it was 500,000 just over half of that, you were wrong already so i already have my "lulz"

But really it doesnt make sense for you to make fun of anybodies prediction when you predicted nearly 16 million copies. I mean thats not even exaggerating the sales its just plain laughable.

You just dont know how this sales thing works thats all. Like that other guy said.

Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:

You predicted 800,000 opening for Japan, it was 500,000 just over half of that, you were wrong already so i already have my "lulz"

But really it doesnt make sense for you to make fun of anybodies prediction when you predicted nearly 16 million copies. I mean thats not even exaggerating the sales its just plain laughable.

You just dont know how this sales thing works thats all. Like that other guy said.

Was ? so GT5 released already and actual numbers are in already?  lol maybe you can see the future ? is that what it is,.

u know VG opening predicions are not a sure thing ?

they can guess shooters well casue they open in US and they track it easier, rest of the world is a bit harder.  Iv had lulz from you in every post you make, once numebrs are out.  Ohh then i will truely have my fun.

Wow you remind me of Slenor and all his ignorant anti GT posts, untill reality back handed some sense in to him. huh any one know if that dude is still around ?