By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Michael-5 said:
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

P.S. Kudos for talking some sence into Blue. I've been reading both of your comments, and it looks like you finally got him into a position where he can no longer make a proper counter arguement. So he calls you a cherry picker, LOL. I hope he realizes that it's very possible for the game to sell in the range of 6-9 million, but there is a good chance it will sell better. It's just so hard to be critical of the PS3 in these forums, but the same can't be said for Wii or 360.

LMAO

He picks GT2 and GT4 numebrs to back his opinin while dismissing the others.  To prove some point he dismisses the highest sellign GT while keeping the lowest casue it helps his casue.

He uses info that helps his argument while tottaly ignores the info that cripples it.  

How is that not cherry picking ?

GT5 selling 6m only is as possible as MW failing to break 3m first week. 

How is that any different from what you do? Picking and choosing information to support your opinion.

Also MW sold 1.041 million week one, so you basically said 6 million is possible. Which I agree with you on, but unlikely.

He clearly cherry pics info, i acknowledge all GT sales high and low. 

I get hes your buddy troll on Gt threads so you support him, hell you might be him. 

Last MW sold what bud ?

Around the Network

Honestly people, enough already! We'll have numbers in a matter of days. Some people here just love to debate way too much. And for the record I do think it's kind of ridiculous how many people voted best selling GT but that's what happens when you get people voting just for the lulz.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

GT4 did 2.5m first week.

Craked 4 million in 3 weeks, with no holiday sales in NA or Europe. 

Yet Gt5 will do less while releasing before Balck Friday and getting 4 weeks of sales leading up to that little Dec 24th date.

Who cares if its black friday, its only in US anyway, itll give it a boost obviously but 4.5 million worldwide week 1 is just you going over the top with silly predictions again.

its obviously not going to do that, id even say it has a better chance at outselling GT3 than that and i already think it selling above GT3 is impossible as it is (though it actually is)

Your predicting a 1.5 million opening for GT5 in US, Modern Warfare 2 only did 1.6 million on PS3 and that hundreds of thousands more preorders than GT5.

800,000 for Japan which already seems wrong.

And 3 million for EMEAA, Modern Warfare 2 on both Xbox and PS3 was barely able to do that.

Theres a thread here saying a French reviewer only gave it a 14/20 thats less than 75% thats weak, even gamespot guys didnt seem overly impressed. Medicore reviews will stop any chance it has at success.

Lol turns out Forza 3 got a 17/20 from them.

Ginyu said:

Who cares if its black friday, its only in US anyway, itll give it a boost obviously but 4.5 million worldwide week 1 is just you going over the top with silly predictions again.

its obviously not going to do that, id even say it has a better chance at outselling GT3 than that and i already think it selling above GT3 is impossible as it is (though it actually is)

Your predicting a 1.5 million opening for GT5 in US, Modern Warfare 2 only did 1.6 million on PS3 and that hundreds of thousands more preorders than GT5.

800,000 for Japan which already seems wrong.

And 3 million for EMEAA, Modern Warfare 2 on both Xbox and PS3 was barely able to do that.

Theres a thread here saying a French reviewer only gave it a 14/20 thats less than 75% thats weak, even gamespot guys didnt seem overly impressed. Medicore reviews will stop any chance it has at success.

ohh damn this is pure lulz.

who cares about BF when talking sales, lmao.

Around the Network

Youre just getting desperate now, "pure lulz" are you a kid? come on, yeah its Black Friday so GT5 is gonna open to twice what GT4 did on the PS2 right. Yeah thats not happening.

Though i doubt it, i hope youre here when Worldwide numbers come in for GT5 because i wanna see if you make excuses, i already know you predicted 4.5 million so when it doesnt come close i wanna see your reaction.

Ginyu said:

Youre just getting desperate now, "pure lulz" are you a kid? come on, yeah its Black Friday so GT5 is gonna open to twice what GT4 did on the PS2 right. Yeah thats not happening.

Though i doubt it, i hope youre here when Worldwide numbers come in for GT5 because i wanna see if you make excuses, i already know you predicted 4.5 million so when it doesnt come close i wanna see your reaction.

PS3 sold 440k last year on BF, it sold 140k the whole week prior while selling 445k the week ending dec 26th.

Can you maybe comprehand the BF sales jump compared to any other day ? or is it still lost on you. 

Ill be here laughing at you and enjoying it greatly. 

Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:

PS3 sold 440k last year on BF, it sold 140k the whole week prior while selling 445k the week ending dec 26th.

Can you maybe comprehand the BF sales jump compared to any other day ? or is it still lost on you. 

Ill be here laughing at you and enjoying it greatly. 

Its comprehend not comprehand lol. The numbers you mention just prove that hardware jumps a lot, which i already knew that, everyone knows that. And the PS3 is down year on year anyway so it may not hit last years 486,000. It wasnt 440,000.

And so that means GT5 is gonna have miracle numbers? 1.5 million in US week 1 , when something like MW2 which everyone knows was far more hyped then GT5 only did 1.65 on PS3. GT5 wont get anywhere close to that.

Last black Friday the best selling game was Wii sports with 600,000, the Mario game in its second week also 600,000. So its clear GT5 isnt doing 1.5 million.

You wont be here after black friday though once those numbers come in you wont reply here is my bet. Even the people who support GT wouldnt say the nonsense your saying, you will definitley be wrong.

Lol well looky what i found, here on Vgchartz.

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) is this week’s top game in its last week before launch. The game adds 21,000 pre-orders for a grand total of 281,000. Expect first week sales in America to be in the 450,000 to 550,000 range. The series being more popular in EMEAA and just as popular in Japan as in America expect worldwide sales for the first week to be in the 1.8 million to 2.2 million range.

And whatd i say? i said 2 million for the second time 100% accurate, but no no if youd like to continue saying how wrong i and Vgchartz is please go ahead, im sure your prediction of 4.5 million over double the estimate will be soooo much more realistic.

But perhaps Vgchartz just happened to forget its Black Friday aswell, good luck with your laughter, its becoming less likely by the second.

And whats worse for any PS3 game 2 million week 1 is fantastic, it puts it in the Top 25 best opening, best PS3 exclusive opening and 5th best overall. But you just had to ruin it for yourself by being greedy and hoping for the impossible.

Ginyu said:

Lol well looky what i found, here on Vgchartz.

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) is this week’s top game in its last week before launch. The game adds 21,000 pre-orders for a grand total of 281,000. Expect first week sales in America to be in the 450,000 to 550,000 range. The series being more popular in EMEAA and just as popular in Japan as in America expect worldwide sales for the first week to be in the 1.8 million to 2.2 million range.

And whatd i say? i said 2 million for the second time 100% accurate, but no no if youd like to continue saying how wrong i and Vgchartz is please go ahead, im sure your prediction of 4.5 million over double the estimate will be soooo much more realistic.

But perhaps Vgchartz just happened to forget its Black Friday aswell, good luck with your laughter, its becoming less likely by the second.

And whats worse for any PS3 game 2 million week 1 is fantastic, it puts it in the Top 25 best opening, best PS3 exclusive opening and 5th best overall. But you just had to ruin it for yourself by being greedy and hoping for the impossible.

yahh cause vg is 100% right on all the time, lol. They never adjust.  They can just guess stuff so well that im sure they all have millions in the bank from guessing lotto and playing proline. 

soon enough kid, soon enough.