By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
ConnorJCP said:
CGI-Quality said:
ConnorJCP said:

wow, alot of posts now.

Of course, you know GT5 is about to flopz right?

It will Definitively flop.

No way in the world it'll clear 6-7-8 million. It's impossible!

To be honest, we all know the game won't flop. But it won't sell as much as the previous titles like some Sony fans want us to believe. 6-7-8 million is a good prediction though and I would be very surprised to see better sales unless of course the game is heavily bundled.

How much has it sold now?

>inb4bundles

Now now, lets not generalize based on one persons opinion amiright? :P

He was quite prominent early in this thread. Read through the rest of the responses, many share his opinion

Oh, Id like you to count for me. I want exact numbers of people who shared this sentiment. But even if you can give me a number, I will still default to the response that these numbers pale in comparison to sensible users that knew GT5 would have legs.

Ya, you and Jay taught me well in these matters.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
the2real4mafol said:
It's not wonder the original poster quit vgchartz, he saved himself the embarrassment of being really wrong. Gran Turismo 5 has been massively successful

Yep, it definately has nothing to do with that the thread was made 2.5 years ago and a persons life commitments in that time span may have resulted in just not frequenting online forums anymore. Retreating from vgchartz, even though having a alias and no personal information connecting one to real life, must have been the result of losing a years old prediction.

My comment was nothing serious you know. Don't treat it as such. I never expected him to leave becuase of that, he probably forgot about this. But if you knew me well on here, you would know not to take me seriously

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
sales2099 said:
the2real4mafol said:
It's not wonder the original poster quit vgchartz, he saved himself the embarrassment of being really wrong. Gran Turismo 5 has been massively successful

Yep, it definately has nothing to do with that the thread was made 2.5 years ago and a persons life commitments in that time span may have resulted in just not frequenting online forums anymore. Retreating from vgchartz, even though having a alias and no personal information connecting one to real life, must have been the result of losing a years old prediction.

My comment was nothing serious you know. Don't treat it as such. I never expected him to leave becuase of that, he probably forgot about this. But if you knew me well on here, you would know not to take me seriously

Damn, I should have thrown in a ":P". I was being "aggressiely sarcastic". didnt mean anything by it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:

He was quite prominent early in this thread. Read through the rest of the responses, many share his opinion

Oh, Id like you to count for me. I want exact numbers of people who shared this sentiment. But even if you can give me a number, I will still default to the response that these numbers pale in comparison to sensible users that knew GT5 would have legs.

Ya, you and Jay taught me well in these matters.

That doesn't change anything. I'm not generalizing about a particular userbase like many like to do. I'm just allowing the doubters to get served.

Again, I don't see much merit in digging up a old thread to serve a couple people. I doubt your dinner will taste or your sleep will be any better tonight :P

When PD released the last two updates in 2012, it became quite obvious GT5 was undertracked here.
Nevertheless I got some lulz when this thread was necroed, as I expected (I had bookmarked it thinking it would eventually happen ).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Good times... really good times

ethomaz said:

GT5 will be the best selling Gran Turismo after end of PS3 gen.

lol

PS. I miss @darth