By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474

Kasz216 said:

In that case it wouldn't really be 9 million...

They barely shipped 9 million.   9.010 Million according to their latest numbers.

So where Pezus would get 9.19 Mil... i have no idea.

Even assuming Vgchartz has it undertracked (seems likely) it seems unlikely it would be by that much.

8.5-8.7 seems more likely.

Gran Turismo being a pretty "evergreen" title you would expect stock levels to be fairly high, espiecally leading up to Christmas as distribution channels will be full of the big new X-mas releases... espiecally the Wii U related stuff.

So you gotta get your older evergreen stuff sooner.

Typo...

Gran Turismo 5 (Japan): 740
Gran Turismo 5 (North America): 1,980
Gran Turimso 5 XL (North America): 430
Gran Turismo 5 (Asia): 310
Gran Turismo 5 (Europe): 5,540
Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Europe): 190

Total: 9,190

As end of September, 2012.

8.5-8.7 seems ok (undertracked ~700k)

After that Gran Turismo 5 already sold near 200k (VGC data Oct-Nov).

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Kasz216 said:

They barely shipped 9 million.   9.010 Million according to their latest numbers.

Even assuming Vgchartz has it undertracked (seems likely) it seems unlikely it would be by that much.

Gran Turismo being a pretty "evergreen" title you would expect stock levels to be fairly high, espiecally leading up to Christmas as distribution channels will be full of the big new X-mas releases... espiecally the Wii U related stuff.

Typo...

That seems more likely a typo in the source data then the total.

I mean, what would cause 9.010 instead of 9.190?

Definitly not a keyboard error. 

So if they added somethign wrong we'd be looking for an typo of 180,000 exactly. 

Also, the 8.5 to 8.7 INCLUDES the VGC Oct-Nov data.

Kasz216 said:
ethomaz said:

Kasz216 said:

Typo...

That seems more likely a typo in the source data then the total.

I mean, what would cause 9.010 instead of 9.190?

Definitly not a keyboard error. 

So if they added somethign wrong we'd be looking for an typo of 180,000 exactly. 

Also, the 8.5 to 8.7 INCLUDES the VGC Oct-Nov da

PD data are shipped ones, and I suspect we won't be able to have a better idea of how much were actually sold to end users and how many were in the suplly channel until after Xmas, but it's quiete likely that GT5 be undertracked by a few hundreds thousand. Still small enough to consider VGC's tracking of it between good and very good.

@bolded: It's obvious that WW 9010k total is calculated excluding Academy Edition and this could make look like there is a 10k error somewhere. But if you look at all the values, it's also clear that Polyphony Digital numbers are published rounded to the nearest multiple of 10k, but most probably they calculate their WW total from actual, not rounded regional values, then they round it, this can explain the apparently missing 10k.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

@bolded: It's obvious that WW 9010k total is calculated excluding Academy Edition and this could make look like there is a 10k error somewhere. But if you look at all the values, it's also clear that Polyphony Digital numbers are published rounded to the nearest multiple of 10k, but most probably they calculate their WW total from actual, not rounded regional values, then they round it, this can explain the apparently missing 10k.

Good theory... it's like when I rounded the % and get 101% in total.

So PD forgot to add the AC numbers.

Does VGC ever adjust SW numbers?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Sometimes but not alyways. They havent adjusted God of War 3 and Uncharted 3 yet.

I always get a chuckle when a years old thread is brought back, doesnt matter by whom or what allegiance they have.

Guy #1: HA! This old thread proves I am right and you were wrong. Eat crow!
Guy #2: Oh.....k.
Guy #1: (thinking) Somehow I expected this to be a more satisfying victory, a massive triumph years in the making. Its almost as if these accomplishments I value mean nothing in the grand scheme of things when it comes to frutition

Cmon anyone else agree with me on things like this? Again this refers to any thread revived, no specific allegiances

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
ConnorJCP said:
CGI-Quality said:
ConnorJCP said:

wow, alot of posts now.

Of course, you know GT5 is about to flopz right?

It will Definitively flop.

No way in the world it'll clear 6-7-8 million. It's impossible!

To be honest, we all know the game won't flop. But it won't sell as much as the previous titles like some Sony fans want us to believe. 6-7-8 million is a good prediction though and I would be very surprised to see better sales unless of course the game is heavily bundled.

How much has it sold now?

>inb4bundles

Now now, lets not generalize based on one persons opinion amiright? :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It's no wonder the original poster quit vgchartz, he saved himself the embarrassment of being really wrong. Gran Turismo 5 has been massively successful

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
It's not wonder the original poster quit vgchartz, he saved himself the embarrassment of being really wrong. Gran Turismo 5 has been massively successful

Yep, it definately has nothing to do with that the thread was made 2.5 years ago and a persons life commitments in that time span may have resulted in just not frequenting online forums anymore. Retreating from vgchartz, even though having a alias and no personal information connecting one to real life, must have been the result of losing a years old prediction.