By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Wii be able to outsell the Hd consoles any week this holiday?

The Wii is the PS2 of this generation. Hats off to Nintendo. They completely DESTROYED MS and Sony. And the funniest part is, they did it with half the power. It's like watching a 10 year old boy knock out an NFL MLB.

Totally awesome.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

And you're a Kinect apologist?

Kettle...meet the pot.

Well, he DID mention lemmingitis.  I'm not a doctor, but I assume that's a serious medical condition which causes people to like things beyond that which appeals to tech-freaks and others who drool at feature sets.

Simulacrum said:

Hmm. I was wrong yes, but my points were right.

Wii is down by much compared to last year and both Hd consoles have been outselling it for months.

Wii doesn't have almost anything Mario huge for this holiday season.Epic mickey, Kirby, Wii party..These don't sell consoles however. Ps3 has Move multiplatform titles GT5.Xbox 360 has "new" Slim model Kinect Fable3 Multiplatform titles and both consoles has had many great titles already released this year

So does any1 wanna tell me exactly WHY Wii outsold them holidays?

Because you failed to take into account the fact that its the most wanted console

Looking at the dates on the posts in this thread at first made me think everyone had gone insane

All the dates were marked as having been posted today

Around the Network

There's always next year. But maybe Nintendo will cut the price for Wii, so I'm not sure.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

With the amount of Wii predictions that have gone wrong I'm surprised crows aren't extinct, I hear they taste quite bitter as well.

mhsillen said:

With or without price cut it will outsell both HD systems

Sorry I have to pat myself on the back

Psyberius said:
RolStoppable said:

And with this... the Wii survives another year. That despite all the things it had going against it:

• Less powerful than the competitors' consoles
  • No HD graphics
  • Online infrastructure from the stone age
  • No good third party support
  • Michael Pachter
  • The video game industry
  • Lack of coolness, image (grandmas play that thing)
  • PlayStation Move
  • Xbox Kinect
  • Shia Laboeuf (would rather eat glass than playing the Wii)
Which just goes to show that the only one who can kill the Wii is Nintendo. I hope they are aware of that fact, because... with great power comes great responsibility.

No, what it goes to show you is how much society is governed by lemmingitis.  No matter how much logic it makes sense to buy a superior product, people will follow hype from previous years.  If consumers would actually look into their buying process and really check out features, WII would be gone.  

There is sooo little reason to own a wii over a ps3 or 360.  If your average joe smoe user knew that they could stream all their stolen content thru their HD console, WII wouldn't be able to sell for free.  Graphics, more in depth games, online infrastructure aside, being able to bang content into their tv's without hard to setup video mods to their computers is a HUUUGE thing for people now.  

If Microsoft and Sony spent time educating people in the bene's of accessing massive libraries of video, music, pictures etc, WII would experience a HUGE drop in sales.  That is of course if it's possible to actually educate the average user of WII...from what i've seen they're pretty simple. :(

LOL ha ha ha the taste of sad salty tears

Psyberius said:
RolStoppable said:

And with this... the Wii survives another year. That despite all the things it had going against it:

• Less powerful than the competitors' consoles
  • No HD graphics
  • Online infrastructure from the stone age
  • No good third party support
  • Michael Pachter
  • The video game industry
  • Lack of coolness, image (grandmas play that thing)
  • PlayStation Move
  • Xbox Kinect
  • Shia Laboeuf (would rather eat glass than playing the Wii)
Which just goes to show that the only one who can kill the Wii is Nintendo. I hope they are aware of that fact, because... with great power comes great responsibility.

No, what it goes to show you is how much society is governed by lemmingitis.  No matter how much logic it makes sense to buy a superior product, people will follow hype from previous years.  If consumers would actually look into their buying process and really check out features, WII would be gone.  

There is sooo little reason to own a wii over a ps3 or 360.  If your average joe smoe user knew that they could stream all their stolen content thru their HD console, WII wouldn't be able to sell for free.  Graphics, more in depth games, online infrastructure aside, being able to bang content into their tv's without hard to setup video mods to their computers is a HUUUGE thing for people now.  

If Microsoft and Sony spent time educating people in the bene's of accessing massive libraries of video, music, pictures etc, WII would experience a HUGE drop in sales.  That is of course if it's possible to actually educate the average user of WII...from what i've seen they're pretty simple. :(

woah woah woah. What? Please take off your HD-fogged glasses. What you just said is pretty ignorant and stupid. Think a little bit. One thing that the wii has that the HD consoles don't is nintendo software. That's huge. I like Mario and Donkey Kong. I don't like Call of Duty and I don't like Halo. So what is someone like me to buy? You want me to get a 360? Please! I don't care about online and SD graphics don't bother me, and that makes me simple? Judging from wii sales, I'm not alone here. I think most people will choose a console based on the games it has.