By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Wii be able to outsell the Hd consoles any week this holiday?

hsrob said:

The next questions is whether the Wii can beat it's own best week from last year.  What were it's peak numbers last year?

it's up 18K as of Week ending December 11th compared to last year,

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Psyberius said:
Immortal said:
Psyberius said:

You missed most of what I said.  Maintaining a library of avi/mp3/gif etc on a computer, accessed very easily via a device that is generally already connected to your network and definitely  connected to your tv is a HUGE feature that is for the most part unknown to the consumer.

As for buying a WII because of the software, i watched a video of people lined up to get their red wii's...when asked why they were buying a WII a bunch of them said they were buying them because their friends/family owned them.  They for the most part didn't remark about the software...the average consumer doesn't know that much about the software on a console they're buying.  

Look, I am not discounting that WII's are the right fit for many millions of people, I am saying that WII has become a self sustaining Juggernaut that is racking up significant sales from word of mouth other than a good investigation of features.

Honestly, when a consumer is out buying a video game console, its video games are almost all that matter.

And obviously the people will buy them because of word of mouth; the Wii's hype isn't even comparable to that of Kinect's for now and journalists seem to be bent on destroying it. I can't believe how condescendingly you speak of "the average consumer" though. Why the heck do you think they wanna buy what their friends and family have? They'll only do it because they have an idea of what the content (in this case, it isn't much other than the software) is like. Most likely, they played Wii Sports at a friend's house, enjoyed it and now want to be able to play it at home.

And why you seem to be criticizing the "word of mouth" aspect of Wii's sales is beyond me. Not as if hype or brand loyalty are any better.

Ummm games are almost that matter to you...the average buyer is utterly clueless of most of the software for their console.  They're sheep, they're lemmings...they're buying this Christmas because WII's been the thing for a couple Christmases so they're buying for this Christmas.  Microsoft like the morphing virus they are have all but copied WII's charm as well as have continued their other power options.  You can tell that WII is losing steam by the non Christmas figures...if Microsoft could quantify XBLive, streaming media etc, WII would take a massive hit.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say MS is going to be kicking WII ass next Christmas as well as all year.

I'm sorry but I just don't think that average Joe user could care less what software they're using as long as their whiny kids stop whining. ;)

your not going out on a limb when people say the same thing EVERY year!

hsrob said:

The next questions is whether the Wii can beat it's own best week from last year.  What were it's peak numbers last year?

1.93m if memory serves. Wii should beat it easily in at least one week.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
hsrob said:

If wii does 2M the week before christmas, there wont be turkey getting served but crows.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Immortal said:
hsrob said:

If wii does 2M the week before christmas, there wont be turkey getting served but crows.

Too bad. We'll have to save the turkeys for another day then, I guess.

...turkey for New Years anyone? Best way to start a decade!

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Immortal said:
Nintendogamer said:
Immortal said:
hsrob said:

Too bad. We'll have to save the turkeys for another day then, I guess.

...turkey for New Years anyone? Best way to start a decade!

We'll eat the turkey on christmas day while others eat crow.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:

Yeah, I just hope I'm not hyping everyone up for disappointment with this 2m is a shoe-in thing, :O. It's gonna be so hillarious that Wii will outdo its entire Q3 shipment in a single week of the year though.

Immortal said:
Nintendogamer said:

Yeah, I just hope I'm not hyping everyone up for disappointment with this 2m is a shoe-in thing, :O. It's gonna be so hillarious that Wii will outdo its entire Q3 shipment in a single week of the year though.

Well I'm not 100% certain it will do 2M thouhg, 1.8 would be fine.  yeah wii sales were low in Q3 but Q4 was giga.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

The way It's looking there's A WHOLE BUNCH of new Wii owners, which means we should see some decent numbers for software sales for the next few months, also I Believe Nintendo has something special planned for Zelda's 25th anniversary, hopefully we can get something like Mario's all-stars, Golden Wii, etc, NINTENDO FTW!!!!