By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Wii be able to outsell the Hd consoles any week this holiday?

Hmm. I was wrong yes, but my points were right.

Wii is down by much compared to last year and both Hd consoles have been outselling it for months.

Wii doesn't have almost anything Mario huge for this holiday season.Epic mickey, Kirby, Wii party..These don't sell consoles however. Ps3 has Move multiplatform titles GT5.Xbox 360 has "new" Slim model Kinect Fable3 Multiplatform titles and both consoles has had many great titles already released this year

So does any1 wanna tell me exactly WHY Wii outsold them holidays?

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Huh?  Of course not...The current xbox sales are probably WAY undertracked due to widespread unexpected high volume sales from Kinect.

Simulacrum said:

Hmm. I was wrong yes, but my points were right.

Wii is down by much compared to last year and both Hd consoles have been outselling it for months.

Wii doesn't have almost anything Mario huge for this holiday season.Epic mickey, Kirby, Wii party..These don't sell consoles however. Ps3 has Move multiplatform titles GT5.Xbox 360 has "new" Slim model Kinect Fable3 Multiplatform titles and both consoles has had many great titles already released this year

So does any1 wanna tell me exactly WHY Wii outsold them holidays?

Honestly, Wii had a huge software lineup that you claimed "didn't move hardware". Wii is far more of a holiday gift than you probably assumed. It had amazing bundles. Obvious stuff like that.
EDIT - Actually, Wii would've outsold them individually because of the second reason alone, even if they'd had $50 price cuts and Wii'd had nothing.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Psyberius said:

Huh?  Of course not...The current xbox sales are probably WAY undertracked due to widespread unexpected high volume sales from Kinect.

What secret tracking service do you belong to? The CIA?

Really, don't talk when you don't know the reason why 360 sales are low for the week. If you do, then just wow.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
fwap said:
Immortal said:

Who wants to help me dig up threads like these for an end of year crow serving party, :P?

You will have a very large task ahead of you!

Why do you think I want help, :P?

I can recall the "Let's talk about Wii/sales" and "Wii losing its Thunder" threads. Probably a lot of WW ups from summer, especially the first PS360 on top of Wii week. A couple of threads like this one...

You should bump leo-j's thread actually.  That one will almost (equally?) be as epic as his "GTAIV will kill the Wii" thread.

Around the Network
Kenology said:

You should bump leo-j's thread actually.  That one will almost (equally?) be as epic as his "GTAIV will kill the Wii" thread.

Nothing could ever match the epicness.  Ahhhh, memories...

You don't deserve to have Firefly in your signature for making such an absurd prediction and then trying to rationalize it after being proven incredibly wrong.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

RolStoppable said:
  • Shia Laboeuf (would rather eat glass than playing the Wii)

I'm pretty sure most people would rather eat glass than watch a movie with Shia Laboeuf, so this is probably the reason for the wii's tremendous sales: Spiting Shia Laboeuf

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RolStoppable said:

And with this... the Wii survives another year. That despite all the things it had going against it:

• Less powerful than the competitors' consoles
  • No HD graphics
  • Online infrastructure from the stone age
  • No good third party support
  • Michael Pachter
  • The video game industry
  • Lack of coolness, image (grandmas play that thing)
  • PlayStation Move
  • Xbox Kinect
Which just goes to show that the only one who can kill the Wii is Nintendo. I hope they are aware of that fact, because... with great power comes great responsibility.

No, what it goes to show you is how much society is governed by lemmingitis.  No matter how much logic it makes sense to buy a superior product, people will follow hype from previous years.  If consumers would actually look into their buying process and really check out features, WII would be gone.  

There is sooo little reason to own a wii over a ps3 or 360.  If your average joe smoe user knew that they could stream all their stolen content thru their HD console, WII wouldn't be able to sell for free.  Graphics, more in depth games, online infrastructure aside, being able to bang content into their tv's without hard to setup video mods to their computers is a HUUUGE thing for people now.  

If Microsoft and Sony spent time educating people in the bene's of accessing massive libraries of video, music, pictures etc, WII would experience a HUGE drop in sales.  That is of course if it's possible to actually educate the average user of WII...from what i've seen they're pretty simple. :(

Psyberius said:
RolStoppable said:

And with this... the Wii survives another year. That despite all the things it had going against it:

• Less powerful than the competitors' consoles
  • No HD graphics
  • Online infrastructure from the stone age
  • No good third party support
  • Michael Pachter
  • The video game industry
  • Lack of coolness, image (grandmas play that thing)
  • PlayStation Move
  • Xbox Kinect
Which just goes to show that the only one who can kill the Wii is Nintendo. I hope they are aware of that fact, because... with great power comes great responsibility.

No, what it goes to show you is how much society is governed by lemmingitis.  No matter how much logic it makes sense to buy a superior product, people will follow hype from previous years.  If consumers would actually look into their buying process and really check out features, WII would be gone.  

There is sooo little reason to own a wii over a ps3 or 360.  If your average joe smoe user knew that they could stream all their stolen content thru their HD console, WII wouldn't be able to sell for free.  Graphics, more in depth games, online infrastructure aside, being able to bang content into their tv's without hard to setup video mods to their computers is a HUUUGE thing for people now.  

If Microsoft and Sony spent time educating people in the bene's of accessing massive libraries of video, music, pictures etc, WII would experience a HUGE drop in sales.  That is of course if it's possible to actually educate the average user of WII...from what i've seen they're pretty simple. :(

And you're a Kinect apologist?

Kettle...meet the pot.

The rEVOLution is not being televised