By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst controller ever

SHMUPGurus said:

Nah, did you see that?

Don't knock it 'til you try it. The Saturn 3D "pancake" controller is actually pretty comfortable (especially if you have huge hands like me), and it has an awesome analog stick. If anything, the worst controller for the Saturn is the original one that the American consoles launched with. The shoulder buttons didn't respond... oh, about 90% of the time.

Anyway, I'd have to go with the Atari 5200 controller. Unresponsive buttons, awkward layout, a terrible analog stick, and they broke. A LOT. As in, I've never seen a fully functioning one, ever. 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

I think that either the dreamcast controller or the xbox controller being the worst of all time! No wonder MS redesigned the controller after all the hand injuries j/k :D

I didn't care to much for the original Xbox controller, not as bad as the dreamcast in my opinion, but man it was heavy and I HATED those two other buttons LOL. And what was with that HUGE FRICKIN LOGO in the center of the damn controller xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

CDi, I actually like my controller to effect the game im playing. Im sorry but 1991 wasnt a good time to develop a wireless controller

For regular controller I´d say it was the original PS one... sorry but I just never liked it... so small and painfull. 

Around the Network

I always hated the Playstation controllers. Why the D-Pad is on the main position? And why it's... cut in four? It causes me blisters. I don't get it. Also, the analog sticks are not exactly precise or comfortable. They're too lose. Not to mention the button-naming tradition. Triangle?

The Xbox's Duke gets a honorable mention too.

Worst controllers ever

<

mM

No such thing. I like all controllers. I like the Atari 5200 controller, the Atari Jaguar controller... I really don't have a problem with any controller.

bad controllers? whiners^^ , every controller can be mastered

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Good:
Xbox 360
N64 (crap at fighting tho)
Snes
Gamecube
Wii
xbox

Average:
ps1/ps2/ps3 (poor at FPS)
dreamcast
Genesis
NES