By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst controller ever

Original Xbox Controller

Around the Network

Off-topic, but I found this and thought it was funny:

^---How about the real:

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

...and why not some more PA gooness:

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Crashman has the winner.

The Intellivision controller is universally thought to be the worst ever ... especially among classic players. I never quite got this as the Coleco and Atari 5200 are very similar. And the 5200 was reknown for its unreliabilty (it would break if you looked at the wrong way).

The Intellivision does have 31 different inputs -- 16 directions, 12 keyboard keys and upper left, upper right and bottom side keys (they both provide the same input). Not quite as bad as some games today ... but getting there.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- Interesting site on controllers: http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I don't know why so many people are complaining about the buttons on PS controllers( triangle, square...) that is why I love those controllers so much.

Worst controller : Xbox although I can get used to it

MrMarc said:
NintendoTogepi said:

I thought the N64 Controller was a nightmare.

I don't have three hands!

Why people diss the N64 controller for being pronged like a fork I don't know.

It was designed like that so you had maximum control no matter which control method you used: D-Pad or Analog stick, and it worked perfectly.

There was never EVER a single game on the 64 that required you to use the Analog AND D-Pad at once.

Point null and void.

But it was so uncomfortable pressing Z while using the analog...you had to reach your finger all the way up there.

I never got OoT or MM for my N64, but it must have been a nightmare.

Also, when using the analog, your hands are sooooo close together.

Anyone care to give an illistration on how to hold the N64 controller?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I had no problem with the Play station controllers. Just not very exceptional Either way.

The N64 was was both great and terrifying. It was the worst analog stick I have ever used. I might as well have been using a controller made of lava for all the blisters I got trying to pull off the tricks in Wave Race. And other games for that matter. It is like they said I know what will make this comfortable a sharp edge and pointy dots.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Who's idea was it to make those tiny camera buttons anyway? Why not just do concave/convex like SNES.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I thought the N64 controller was perfect, the Z at the back while using analog made FPS's like Perfect Dark and GoldenEye amazing experiences.

Although I've never been comfortable using Playstation or PS2 controller, it's got to be the Xbox or NES >_

The Xbox one was just too big man, and NES original was too pointy xD Thank god for the SNES controllers ^^