By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst controller ever

Oh God when ur playin Fifa soccer then proevolution on the PS2, the worst thing is when u ask ur frnd:"which button do i shoot with?" and ends up a cross when ur in front of goal... also always broke down... has to be PS2 along with xbox...

Loved the N64 contrlloer!! its my favourite until it becomes abit sluggy later on, still u never used the analog and d-pad at the same time, that was the point!!!
Btw both my wii motes pointers broke down in just 3 days:@... i'm rly pissed off!!!! i want mario galaxy!!! has anyone had this problem before, cuz the buttons are workin....

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
sieanr said:
Sony needs to bring back the controller form of the PSX era dual analog. It was the interim between the regular pad and the dual shock, but was different because it had longer handles and concave thumbsticks. As is the DS is just too damn small.

I had one of those

God that controller has long handles, I'd miss the short handles of the DS

Stats87 said:

I think you need to re-learn how to play video games

p.s. what a shocker, you think every Nintendo controller is the best and Sony's are the worst

Wow, what a shocker, someone doesn't like the only controller design Sony ever "came up with." ;)

@Montana:

"You can fit it in your hand, you can reach the buttons, Tekken 3 was the best fighting game ever,"

You can fit it in your hand.  That doesn't mean you want to.  You can reach the buttons... on every controller I've ever used.  And I'm not even gonna get started on how badly 3D fighting games suck. :P

Stats87 said:
AkiraGr said:
By far the worst controllers was the dual shock series. Have you ever tried play Virtua Fighter 4 with this piece of crap......I broke 3 controllers,two for try to play and the third from my nerves.It gave me a gaming phycological trauma since that day i stay away from this piece of shit of a controller, IT DOES NOT HAVE A D-PAD FOR CHRIST SAKE IT HAS BUTTONS!!!!

Best Controller is the Saturn pad,snes,wii remote,n64(sucked for fighting games),gamecube(except the small d-pad BUT it was the best and most responsitive d-pad i have ever played).

DUAL SHOCK IS CRAP!!!!

I think you need to re-learn how to play video games

p.s. what a shocker, you think every Nintendo controller is the best and Sony's are the worst

Look is a personal opinion on the matter you don;t have to agree with me. But if you call me bias because i like the nintendo controller better that dualshock then all the forum is bias toward nintendo. The majority for what i have read until now agrees that the xbox nad the dual shock are bad controllers.

p.s Coincidence that all you current machines are from sony and you jump the gun of defence on their controller . It's just my personal opinion man if i touch a fanboy cord their i am sorry but dual shock is not a good controller. Bad analog sticks, presure sensitive buttons are a joke and the shoulder buttons are breaking to easy. Just a cheap piece of plastic.

i think all the mainstream consoles game pads are fine, id have to say that the snes pad must be by far the most influential. its still basically the main blueprint for pads today.

in terms of bringing something new to the table sony are awful, with the original ps they basically copied the snes pad and doubled the amount of shoulder buttons and evolved the megadrives curvy edges to introduce handles which are standard today. nintendo then came along with the n64 and its revolutionary analogue stick and what did sony do.... thats right copied nintendo again and double up on a nintendo idea and even threw in the rumble feature for good measure. dont get me wrong the dual shocks are great pads imo, although the ps3s pad has awful trigger buttons (another idea borrowed - sega dreamcast) compared to others.

the original xbox pad was an absolute disaster, proven by the fact that it was redesigned. after that i think the xbox pads have been great, although like sony they lack anything new. one thing i do have trouble with is their button layout. i was 10 when the snes came out and thus it is probably the console i have played the most over the years, and the way microsoft changed the buttons around just confuses the hell out of me. a,b,x,y in a different order than the snes wtf!! it wouldn't be so bad if they had different colours but they even copied that and changed them around. at least sony had the decency to label the buttons a completely different way.

sega pads have always tended to be ok, their best was the saturns redesigned one imo, the dreamcast one was good but in hindsight it wouldn't have stood a chance in that gen with one analogue stick. fps required a second analogue and it was far to popular a genre for it not to matter.

nintendos pads on the other hand always tend to bring something new to the table which is then copied by every other company. nes - dpad, snes - 4 face buttons and shoulder buttons, n64 - analogue stick. whats missing, thats right the gamecube, not an awful pad in itself but its clear nintendo was already in the frame of mind of trying the change the way we play games. this has since happened with the wii but the gc pad was obviously that period in between when they wasn't quite sure what direction they were going in. it didn't introduce anything new and the other pads in the generation stuck with the tried and tested designs, because of this the gc pad is nintendos worst imo.

one interesting thing to note is what companies have been forced into redesigning their pads. sega redesigned the megadrive pad to include 3 extra buttons to bring it up to the snes numbers and the saturn pad originally had rough edges which was redesigned to be more like the mds 6 button pad, they then introduced the nights 3d pad but by then the saturn was dead and no one cared. sony had to redesigned their original pad to introduce rumble and analogue features and just recently again with the ps3, and finally microsoft with the original xbox pad.

sorry for the rant and sorry if ive repeated myself in places. like i said at the beginning i think overall the mainstream pads are all fine but for me the worst has to go to microsofts pads for their dodgy button layouts opposite to the snes. please remember that this is just my opinion but theres been to many times where ive died in a game when ive been looking down at the pad trying to figure out where y is... i mean green... oh bugger its yellow on this pad... GAME OVER!

Around the Network

Try being left handed and using that controller

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

As much as I loved my N64, I hated the analog stick on it. It wore out too quickly and wasn't that comfortable. The GCN controller wasn't that bad, but the D-pad was just too small and I have small hands.

The worst does go the Duke Controller for Xbox. What was microsoft thinking!

I always thought the Jaguar controller was the worst, followed by the original xbox controller.

PSN ID: WAR_MACHINE77  Wii friend code: 7186 4304 6064 5134 Gamertag: WARMACHINE mk2

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Post here to play with fellow VGC members in WarHawk! -> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Xbox Original was such a stupid controller. Wow! What were they thinking? ENORMOUS! Black and White?? Start and Back?? That controller was a disaster, I mean, how can they put that out into the market? Man, If I had my own console business, I would totally do things my way, and believe me people will start to like it. I got so many ideas in my head that i just want to put out but can't :( Come to think of it, Dreamcast had a dumb controller too. The cord came from the bottom so it always got in your way. As if you would put the console behind you LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Best: N64
Worst: Xbox fatty