By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst controller ever

Well the Jaguar wins of course this one :P

I hated the controls for Metroid Prime : HUnters , though except that game the DS controls fine :)

Oh , I hated the NES controller to , the N64 controller , and the first Gen Dualshocks ... I played my PSone a lot with the classic controls ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I actually prefer the separation of the Sony directional pad buttons, especially for present day gaming. The directional pad has more or less become a "one-tapper". As in it is only really used for changing lines, turning on flashlights, making signals etc etc. So the preciseness/responsiveness is much appreciated.

For NHL07 for the 360, whenever I would press up or down etc. to put on a line, the game would send out the wrong line waaaay too often. I would press up for line 1, and line 3 would head out.

WORST: Nintendo Power Glove

BEST: Keyboard & mouse

I actually disliked the original NES controller. Responsive and simplistic, but it was that horrible rectangle shape, and the corners dug into the palms of my hands.

omgwtfbbq said:
Ares said:
Tetris feels just perfect with the D-Pad, and games menus too.

N64 controller is just perfect, I really don't understand why plp argue that you need 3 hands, each game choses only two prongs to use...
Might as well complain about the DS, because you can't use the d-pad, buttons, and touch screen at the same time.

I can but it is not easy.

Hold the stylus between your 1st 2 fingers.

Your thumb can now hit the button if your right handed and the d pad if your left.

My websites

http://catprog.org

Online games that I play:

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Catprog

Around the Network

the Atari 2600's wireless controller.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Worst controller ever would be any of the Playstation controllers.

The NES controller had a horrible shape. Those sharp corners could hurt after awhile.

I used to think the original PS1 controller felt weird, but after I actually liked it a lot. I've never really been into the Analog/Dual shock versions, though.

The original Genesis and Saturn controllers, I didn't like. The Genesis 6 button controller and the Saturn 2nd release ver. controllers were much better and still some of my favorite controllers of all time.
The Saturn 3d controller (nights) wasn't too bad actually. I never had problems with it.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

"And the (Atari) 5200 was reknown for its unreliabilty (it would break if you looked at the wrong way)."

You didn't even have to look at it at all. Just sitting there by itself, it would break.

As did the power glove.

And for all that Sony may have messed up this time, with its marketing, hubris, pricing of the PS3, they managed to do one thing right. Got rid of that boomarang controller so fast it was unbelievable.

@ Entroper
"On the other hand, there is no order to the symbols "cross, square, triangle, circle."
Actually there is an order. Cross - two lines, Triangle - three lines, Square - four lines, Circle - one billion, eight hundred fifty seven million, two hundred ninety six thousand, one hundred and three lines or if you prefer something shorter to say, infinite lines.

Oh, and the button that is not there. Point - no lines.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

I didnt like the first Xbox controller and the Nintendo 64 controller was alright until you overused it then it would go sluggish.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e