By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst controller ever

Who thought a COILED cable was a good idea.  The circle part at the bottom never worked, and you had to slide a plastic sheet over the buttons for each game, which invariably got lost or destroyed.

The buttons tended to break through after long use.  Ugh, so terrible.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

i like playstation controllers, they are old, but i feel confortable with them, however, i don't like xbox, nor xbox360 controllers.

i hate the gamecube pad. buttons were all different shapes and colours and placed randomely. which pissed me off.

Blip said:
Colecovision, Intellivison, PS2, Nintendo 64 (actually any console after the SNES until Gamecube).

How can you like the SNES controller, but dislike the PS2 controller? They are basically the same thing. Infact, every succesful controller since the SNES came out (save the Wiimote) has been based off the SNES. They are alll mostly identical. 

The worst for me was the original Xbox controller. It took everything wrong with the Dreamcast controller and made it worse somehow. I could never get used to using it despite my freakishly large hands. The Jaguar controller gives it som stiff competition though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I haven't played any controllers that I really disliked, but the one on the Jaguar looks pretty awful.

I initially thought the Dreamcast controller looked awful, but it's actually pretty damn comfortable. The original Xbox controller is a bit uncomfortable, but my hands are big enough that the biggest problem I had was being used to the smaller one. I disliked the Playstation controller for a while, but now I've got pretty used to that too.

Around the Network

The original Xbox controller, the only one to ever make me actually give up and find something else to do.

XBOX 1 controller

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Gnizmo said:

How can you like the SNES controller, but dislike the PS2 controller? They are basically the same thing. Infact, every succesful controller since the SNES came out (save the Wiimote) has been based off the SNES. They are alll mostly identical.

Because Sony took the SNES controller and made it worse.  A lot of people find the shape uncomfortable, and the button naming scheme is retarded.  About the only improvement from SNES to PS1 was the second row of shoulder buttons.  As far as the PS2, they added rumble (present in N64 rumble pak) and analog sticks (inferior sensitivity and resistance to N64/Gamecube analog sticks).  Does that sum it up?

I agree with the poster who said the original Saturn controller was the worst.  Horrible D-pad and shoulder buttons, the only saving grace was the 6-button layout. 

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Actual size:

Kidding of course, but man is that thing awful.