By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 18 September 2010

Seece said:
SaviorX said:
guiduc said:

People seem to forget the PS3 sold quite bad before the end of 2009, it's normal it's up YoY because there's so much people out there that didn't buy it because of the 400$ tag. Wii had 3 big years, it's normal the sales dry up at this very time.

And also don't forget the Wii hasn't seen a console redesign like the others two.

This holiday will be very tied this time, not like the Wii outselling the other consoles by a million units. The 360 will be close to the Wii or above it, but I'm not so sure for the PS3. I think it'll finish third, but not by a large margin. Let's see if Nintendo has interesting titles to show for 2011. I bet the Vitality Sensor is somewhere there...

One thing people fail to understand is that it is VERY EASY to scream growth when you are starting from a low number. The PS3 & 360's best peaks won't match the Wii's worst in a single year. They may have a shot this year but I doubt it.

You've dodged all of my questions but I will answer yours. First problem is you think I care about "core" gamers. I don't. 3rd parties don't release any core games on Wii until the first 3/last 3 months of any given year with nothing in between. Its been that way almost all gen with few exceptions.

How can you say any price cut the Wii has diminishes fast when it has only had ONE? The Wii had no software to support that price cut until NSMB...then it almost sold 7m worldwide in a single month. This holiday, Wii doesn't need a price cut. No one ever expected the Wii to maintain its 2008 sales for another 5 years, so the fact it is dropping year after year like a console usually does isn't surprising, especially with the lack of software.

In my second paragraph, I never even mentioned you, let alone "attacking Nintendo, so now you are putting words in my mouth. I don't have beef with you over Nintendo :P

PS3 and 360 outlasting the Wii would be irrelevant once a successor launches. My allusion to the 3DS only serves to guess at the timing.

Wow, Wii is going to sell 15 mill plus for eternity? ioi reckons 18 ish million for Wii this year, it's likely it'll drop again in 2011. PS3 and 360 are bothing tracking their highest years yet, and if what you so call the impossible takes off, Kinect and Move (athough I think a $199, is what will really propel it) then they'll hit 15 mill.

Why would I CARE if you're not a core gamer? What has that got to do with anything?!

Again I'll say same to you as I did that other guy, no point in discussing this when you think price cuts do nothing, they're the oil that drives the engine, they're worthless without decent SW I agree, but that decent SW on it's own at this point in it's life ... nah I don't agree that drives sales significantly. Not like last xmas.

And your last point, I don't care if it's irrelevent PS3 and 360 outlasting the Wii ... you just seem to be throwing all sorts into this conversation, I merely said my reasons why I think it will, I didn't say the wii will drop off the face of the earth, or that 360 and PS3 outlasting it even matters.

....Did you even read what I wrote?

"No one ever expected the Wii to maintain its 2008 sales for another 5 years, so the fact it is dropping year after year like a console usually does isn't surprising, especially with the lack of software."

???

Talking about core gamers choosing PS3/360 over Wii is a topic I'd choose to avoid because of how "done to death" it has been. I said I don't care about "core gamers", never mentioned if I was one. If the PS3 and 360 outlasting the Wii doesn't matter, why did you bring it up? That's  the only reason I even entered this discussion with you.

I never said price cuts weren't useful either, but you went off the Deep End and said NSMB didn't do much. If you don't think the fastest selling exclusive of all-time didn't help sales tremendously you are truly lost.

But since you choose to literally avoid EVERYTHING I'm telling you in the hopes to try and beat me, I'll just end things here.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Wow, this place is getting out of hand recently. . . I blame darth for starting the all caps title fad....it makes everyone more angrier. 

Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

And there's no point in continuing it with you if you're one of those that don't.

Yeah, the successor to the most popular game series of all time, coming out 18 years after the last one. What a fool I must be to believe such a game can move hardware. LMAO.

If not for NSMB, Wii would probably be dead right now. It had next to no hardware movers for 9 months this year, and STILL held up respectively. That was NSMB.

Whatever, no point in me wasting more bandwidth. Sales will speak for themselves. That's why I like vgchartz. There is no spinning, just numbers, and the numbers don't lie.

Boom. Sales in EMEAA this week for you right here between PS3 and Wii.

PS3 - 58,167
Wii - 51,807

Year on Year... "Growth" so far between PS3 and Wii.

PS3 - UP by 1.4 Million
Wii - DOWN by 250k

Talk about contradicting yourself and your PS3 has packed it in statement. When the numbers clearly show otherwise.

Well.... those numbers don't even matter. At the end, is total sales what matters. Not a week sales... or a YoY growt. I mean, obviously, when you had the Wii doing amazing and the ps3 doing really crappy.... well, is easier for the ps3 to be at a better position this time last year than the wii.

What you just wrote is what I call a good old fashion Spin!

But let me just go ahead and write what REALLY matters at the end of the day:

EMEAA

Wii ~ 28 Millions

Ps3 ~ 17 Millions. BOOM! Right there

CGI-Quality said:
Simulacrum said:

Whoa..Microsoft really can play it cards well.

Move did....move... some hardware but Sony must little dissapointed..

Well, now we wait for holidays!

Why would they be disappointed?

Because, whatever Sony claimed about anticipated sales when they realized Move was going to underperform, the sales of Move were at the very low end of what could reasonably be expected, and will at this point do nothing to inspire further software investment by third parties.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
CGI-Quality said:
Simulacrum said:

Because, whatever Sony claimed about anticipated sales when they realized Move was going to underperform, the sales of Move were at the very low end of what could reasonably be expected, and will at this point do nothing to inspire further software investment by third parties.

Please tell  me about the 3rd party investment you speak of ?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

And there's no point in continuing it with you if you're one of those that don't.

Yeah, the successor to the most popular game series of all time, coming out 18 years after the last one. What a fool I must be to believe such a game can move hardware. LMAO.

If not for NSMB, Wii would probably be dead right now. It had next to no hardware movers for 9 months this year, and STILL held up respectively. That was NSMB.

Whatever, no point in me wasting more bandwidth. Sales will speak for themselves. That's why I like vgchartz. There is no spinning, just numbers, and the numbers don't lie.

PS3 - 58,167
Wii - 51,807

PS3 - UP by 1.4 Million
Wii - DOWN by 250k

Talk about contradicting yourself and your PS3 has packed it in statement. When the numbers clearly show otherwise.

Well.... those numbers don't even matter. At the end, is total sales what matters. Not a week sales... or a YoY growt. I mean, obviously, when you had the Wii doing amazing and the ps3 doing really crappy.... well, is easier for the ps3 to be at a better position this time last year than the wii.

What you just wrote is what I call a good old fashion Spin!

But let me just go ahead and write what REALLY matters at the end of the day:

EMEAA

Wii ~ 28 Millions

Ps3 ~ 17 Millions. BOOM! Right there

While I agree the total Lifetime numbers matter more...

I didn't spin anything, considering we are talking about sales happening right now and into the future.

By the way. Wii has sold 11 Million more units than the PS3 in EMEAA, yet its struggling to stay ahead weekly right now. Funny how things can change up, huh?

starcraft said:
CGI-Quality said:
Simulacrum said:

While I agree with your assumption - (I mean Sony thought psp-go met expectations....I mean come on....another story for another day.) - but maybe they are looking at the bigger picture and that was to slow down Nintendo and make sure Microsoft doesn't gain a stronger market share (edit: I mean into the motion control business...not the overall Microsoft business).  

Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

PS3 - 58,167
Wii - 51,807

PS3 - UP by 1.4 Million
Wii - DOWN by 250k

And what does that have to do with what I've been trying to argue?

If anything, you've helped proven my point that software sells hardware more than anything else. For the first 9 months of the year, Wii has had little compelleing software, and no hardware movers, hence its low sales.

Metallicube said:
Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

PS3 - 58,167
Wii - 51,807

PS3 - UP by 1.4 Million
Wii - DOWN by 250k

And what does that have to do with what I've been trying to argue?

If anything, you've helped proven my point that software sells hardware more than anything else. For the first 9 months of the year, Wii has had little compelleing software, and no hardware movers, hence its low sales.

I haven't been paying full attention to your little argument really. I only saw the comment from when Seece quoted you and I was scrolling down.

I just wanted to show how you were contradicting yourself with that post with your packed in thing

And if Software sells hardware more than anything else... What does the Wii have next year, may I ask?

CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:
CGI-Quality said:
Simulacrum said:

When Sony themselves didn't expect much intially, I find it hard to believe they'd be disappointed with these numbers (particularly when they "Move"d some hardware).

As for 3rd parties, can't speak for them. Time will tell how they feel.

I really don't care if the Move is a success or not, The PS3 has enough games anyway. I don't think Sony is breaking the bank for this thing, they have it because Nintendo and MS has it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)